New Board Messing Up Old Apps?

Old August 1st 11, 10:21 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Brian Dude

Default New Board Messing Up Old Apps?

Hello, so far my Z68X-UD3-B3 has been great, but I wonder if it's
responsible for some of my old apps not displaying correctly. There are
some ancient DOS programs I still like to use, and some old CGA games I
still like to play. Most of the hardware in my system is still the same,
just a new MB, new CPU, new RAM. Some of my old programs (and a couple
old games) invoke the old-school Borland Graphics Interface (BGI).
For some reason when these files load, the default graphics font is
messed up. The first 64 characters (excluding the '0' character for some
reason) are all blocks of garbage pixels.
I feel like I can rule out the video card because for one, I had the
same card before and after this problem, but also, just a few days ago I
went from NVIDIA to ATI, and it happens with both.
Any ideas as to what's going on?

TIA,
Brian