GA-890GPA-UD3H Motherboard Question

Old August 28th 10, 01:18 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
[email protected]

Default GA-890GPA-UD3H Motherboard Question

Can anyone tell me if this motherboard, specifically the single PS/2 port,
will support the use of a PS/2 style y-adapter or does this PS/2 port only
support one component at a time?
Old August 29th 10, 06:54 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Kernel

I can tell you from experience that a Y cable in the single PS2 port will
NOT support a keyboard and a mouse. The system will recognize only the
keyboard. The problem with that board is made worse by the fact that it
does not see a USB mouse in DOS, or Caldera DOS, even though USB devices are
enabled in the BIOS.

I needed both a keyboard and a mouse in order to use my Drive Image 2002
which clones partitions and hard drives in Caldera DOS.
I tried contacting Gigabyte for answers, I told them the board did not see a
USB mouse even when the BIOS was set to enable USB devices (they need a BIOS
update me thinks); they replied that "...the board only has one PS2
port...". Like I didn't know that! I tried forums to find a way for the
board to see a USB mouse in DOS, and none of the suggestions worked.

I returned the board since it was within my 30 day return period, and picked
up a GA 790XTA-UD4H, which was just fine for my 4 core Phenom II 965 Black
3.40 GHz processor anyway. It has two PS2 ports and works pretty well,
although there is one issue with
the video not loading in time to see the post screen. Had that fixed for a
little while but the problem is back.

HTH

Old September 8th 10, 07:06 AM
shanwilliams44 shanwilliams44 is offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
Can anyone tell me if this motherboard, specifically the single PS/2 port,
will support the use of a PS/2 style y-adapter or does this PS/2 port only
support one component at a time?

1. Due to different Linux support condition provided by chipset vendors, please download Linux driver from chipset vendors' website or 3rd party website.
2. Most hardware/software vendors no longer offer support for Win9X/ME/2000/XP SP1/SP2. If drivers are available from the vendors, we will update them on the GIGABYTE website.

GA-MA780G-UD3H ~PCfreak ©~ Gigabyte Motherboards 0 June 26th 09 08:32 AM
New Motherboard Question Plato General 0 January 7th 08 09:56 AM
New Motherboard Question Monty[_3_] Gigabyte Motherboards 1 January 6th 08 03:21 AM
Motherboard question Barry Watzman Gigabyte Motherboards 0 August 16th 06 04:58 PM
motherboard question glen Nvidia Videocards 0 October 19th 03 10:33 PM