Cleaning inkjet printer cartridges

Old October 3rd 04, 01:47 AM
jdj

On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 23:01:54 +0000, George E. Cawthon wrote:

Well, there is no totally dry environment. Even an extremely dry area
has a relative humidity of 5 percent and there are not many areas like
that in the U.S. Western dry areas have rh of about 25-35 percent and
the inside of a house is usually much higher. I live in a dry climate
(Boise, ID) and my printer (HP 970) has needed a cartridge cleaning
only once and I often do not print for several weeks, sometimes
sseveral months. Oh, by the way, we also have hard water, but I don't
see much clothes "grinding."

Yes, there are totally dry environments. One of my jobs was to ensure that
one of them remained perfectly dry. Not an easy task when they insisted on
using hydrophilic materials like paper and water-bearing materials like
printer ink.

There are parts of the U.S. where the water mineral content is so high
that the water is abrasive. That is "very hard water". Even polyester gets
ground up. Clothing lasts no more than a year. Mirror finishes on pots
becomes dull within weeks. Glass looks like it was scrubbed with emery
paper. Water valves wear and leak, water heaters get filled with a white,
almost concrete-like material that causes them to leak and becomes
rock-hard after it is drained out of the heater. A renter ignored a
leaking diverter spout and a jet from the spout drilled a hole through the
bathtub in just a few months. Shower heads clog with minerals monthly.
Soak in vinegar, the vinegar quickly becomes a gel and has to be changed
frequently. "CLR" is no better.

BTW, I have observed pure water--absolutely pure, 100.000000% hydrogen
hydroxide-- drill holes through steel disks in less than an hour at
1300psi.

=-=
Old October 4th 04, 01:26 AM
George E. Cawthon

jdj wrote:

[...]

None of which is relevant to the discussion.
Old October 4th 04, 05:37 AM
Arthur Entlich

jdj wrote:

BTW, I have observed pure water--absolutely pure, 100.000000% hydrogen
hydroxide-- drill holes through steel disks in less than an hour at
1300psi.

=-=

Just one question... do you think that harder water would put a hole in
the same steel disk quicker thah regular or "soft" water?

Art

Old October 4th 04, 06:04 AM
Vikas

On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 00:26:58 +0000, George E. Cawthon wrote:

None of which is relevant to the discussion.

maybe ya shouldna brought it up then...
Old October 5th 04, 12:32 AM
George E. Cawthon

Apparently you can't follow a thread. I didn't bring up the nonsense
about hard water and low humidity, jdj did.

Old October 5th 04, 08:31 AM
jdj

On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 23:32:33 +0000, George E. Cawthon wrote:

Apparently you can't follow a thread. I didn't bring up the nonsense
about hard water and low humidity, jdj did.

Well, you did open the door...

And it was still somewhat relevant to the topic...

Illustrative example and all that...

Not too far afield, yet...

Vikas wrote:

On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 00:26:58 +0000, George E. Cawthon wrote:

None of which is relevant to the discussion.

maybe ya shouldna brought it up then...

Be nice.

How come your addy shows up on the spammer list?

==-==
Old October 6th 04, 04:00 AM
Vikas

On Tue, 05 Oct 2004 00:31:13 -0700, jdj wrote:

Be nice.

u b nice. look like u have a problem.

How come your addy shows up on the spammer list?

we donot spam. we only send emails to customers.
why dont u talk to our layer?

==-==