Cleaning Epson Printer

Old October 8th 05, 10:23 AM
Impmon

On Sat, 08 Oct 2005 00:06:21 GMT, measekite
wrote:

THEY OFFER A DEGREE IN EXPOSING ASSHOLES LIKE TONY DA TIGER WHO IS IN DA
BUSINEES AND OFFERS IDIOTS IN THIS NG ADVICE TO HE CAN EVENTUALLY MAKE
MONEY. MAYBE TONY DA TIGER IS SMARTER THAN MANY OF DA SHMUCKS HERE /.

You got that one right. It's not everyday that a troll like you
admits to being dumb. Right now a copy of your post is on eBay!
Bidding already up to $5,000
Old October 8th 05, 10:26 AM
Impmon

On Fri, 07 Oct 2005 17:37:35 GMT, measekite
wrote:

THIS IS WHY HE IS DUMB. FOR EXAMPLE YOU NEED TO REINSTALL YOUR OS AND
FOR SOME REASON YOU CANNOT GET YOUR CD TO AUTO START THE INSTALL PROCESS
SO YOU TAKE A FLOPPY AND BOOT DOS. THEN YOU INSERT YOUR CD AND CREATE
THE 4 STARTER OS DISKETTES. YOU THEN BOOT THOSE IN THE ORDER REQUIRED
AND THEN YOU CAN INSTALL THE REMAINDER OF THE OS FROM THE CD.

And you're a moron. The only reason CD might not start is if you have
really old motherboard that only boots from A: drive or C: drive. If
you can't start a CD on modern PC, chances are the CD itself went bad
because you've been wiping your ass with it.

THIS SCHMUCK IS A KNOW IT ALL BUT AS ONE CAN SEE HE DOES NOT KNOW HIS
ASS FROM A HOLE IN THE GROUND. VERY SIMILAR TO THE JERK FRANKIE CRANKIE
THAT HE LIKES.

Yet you do a better example. Exhibit A: brown XP CD floating in your
toilet.
Old October 8th 05, 10:30 AM
Impmon

On Fri, 07 Oct 2005 17:31:22 GMT, measekite
wrote:

depending on the value of the data stored. The only real advantage of
digital over floppy is more space.

FLOPPY IS DIGITAL. IT RECORDS AND 1'S AND 0'S

Yeah so? 1.44MB disk still only holds a total of 11520000 0's and 1's
while other digital medium holds a lot more.
Old October 8th 05, 10:34 AM
Impmon

On Fri, 07 Oct 2005 22:54:17 -0400, Taliesyn
wrote:

It's not rocket science to figure out which part in any computer system
has the most potential troubles - paper jams, misfeeds, clogs, printhead
failures, mysteriously blinking lights (or no lights!), one colour
suddenly disappearing off the face of the earth, two colours mixing
together for no reason at all, streaky text, mysterious black smudges on
paper, a pop-up notice that my cartridge is suddenly not recognized, or
"please put in a new cartridge" when I JUST DID . . . etc, etc, etc.
Any of these common problems, and there are hundreds more, ring a bell
to anyone who has ever owned a printer? And that would be all of us.

Yeah as I mentioned in another posts, I've gone through more printers
than the rest of the hardware combined. The only printers I have that
are more than 5 years old and *still* working are the HP Laserjet 4.
Now those were the good old day when printer were built like a tank,
not some cheap printer being sold nowday.
Old October 8th 05, 11:27 AM
zakezuke

Strange ... where do you get these ideas. I used floppy disks a lot (the
old 5" really floppy ones, & the 3" not floppy ones) since the '80s
(until they became almost obsolete) and don't recall a single failure.
Maybe I'm just not accident (or failure) prone.

I've had floppy failures even on 5.25 inch single, odd ball atari
enhanced density, and double density. Mostly when I bought cheapo
discs... spending a dime a piece at a local computer store wasn't a
good idea, and I was none too careful about storage. But I had a
couple memorex discs bought in 1982 that were totally readable kept in
a nice binder in a box and ignored. Not that it was anything I wanted
archived, just a matter of fact.

Most of the people who claimed they had issues with disks loosing their
formating were people who kept their disks scattered on the floor.

But oddly enough i've experenced more issues with CD-R than I ever did
with floppy.

Old October 8th 05, 12:35 PM
Davy

zakezukewrote:
[quote="zakezuke"[color=blue]
Most of the people who claimed they had issues with disks loosing
[/color]
their
formating were people who kept their disks scattered on the floor.

Or placing them near a magnet, or anything magnetic which I've done
once or twice, floppy's are ok if you want to store or transfer a
small amount of into.

A power supply or anything with a transformer that ctreates a magnetic
field will do the same job

Sharp has developed a 100Gb, yes 100Gb blue-laser disc...!

Davy

Old October 8th 05, 02:55 PM
Frank

wrote:

[...]

hehehe...good one! :-)
Frank
Old October 8th 05, 02:57 PM
Frank

wrote:

depending on the value of the data stored. The only real advantage of
digital over floppy is more space.

FLOPPY IS DIGITAL. IT RECORDS AND 1'S AND 0'S

Yeah so? 1.44MB disk still only holds a total of 11520000 0's and 1's
while other digital medium holds a lot more.

Oh no...now you've confused the ****wit moron. That's far too many
number for him to comprehend.
Frank
Old October 8th 05, 08:35 PM
measekite

zakezuke wrote:

floppy disc media is not what the industry calls reliable.
all the professionials know this.

Yet some how floppy diskette was the standard on the PC for 20 years.
The design is much older, the first floppy disk was created circa 1967
(Shugart) when the more compact design came out, the 5.25 inch size the
name became diskette... the smaller version of the 8 inch disk. Use of
the word "disc" is incorrect as disc is technicaly a trademark of
Philips IIRC making reference to the compact-disc aka CD. But that's
neither here nor there.

The problem is your getting your blanket statements from PC-World,
which is really dummed down for your average consumer. Floppy disks
are not the most reliable form of media,

YES YOU ARE MATT ZUKOWSKI

but if you store them properly
you can reasonably expect the disk to remain readable for 5 / 10 /
perhaps 20 years. Part of the problem PC-World writers don't seem to
understand is the same rules apply to floppy drives as other forms of
magnetic media... the fact that floppy drives do require either
maintance or replacement after extended periods of use. It's generally
reccomended that maintance/replacement is done if there is a problem.
Simply put magnetic media will magnetize the heads affecting the
drive's ability to read. The 3.5 inch disks while storred in plastic
still need to be stored properly as dirt can scrape away your data
layer. You can observe this your self by keeping one 3.5 inch floppy
on the floor and one stored in a container or a drawer.

It's a perfectly fine design for storage and like with all things needs
to be stored properly to maintain a long life, just like any form of
media. But it's rather obsolete.

Epson Cleaning Manual Patrick Carey Printers 5 July 26th 05 08:36 AM
wanted: service manuals ricoh FutureChild Printers 14 March 30th 05 07:25 PM
Epson Printer Port Howard Printers 1 December 6th 04 12:36 AM
EPSON PRINTHEADS "IS THE TRUTH OUT THERE" Martin Printers 8 December 3rd 04 12:45 AM
Looking for a good HP/Epson printer that is similar to Epson Stylus Photo 785EPX... [email protected] Printers 11 November 15th 04 02:04 AM