DELL finally has a deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old December 15th 06, 10:18 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
BillW50

Default DELL finally has a deal!!!!! (Yes, a BAD deal)

Thanks Christopher! Although this was probably what I was thinking of.

http://www.chiropracticissafe.org/alternative.html

And it was the JAMA, not the AMA:

http://archives.cnn.com/2000/HEALTH/...edical.errors/

Here it states that this is the 8th leading cause of death, if they
counted it:

http://www.mercola.com/1999/archive/...l_mistakes.htm

And it seems very clear to me, most mistakes goes unreported. Thus the
number they give us IMHO are way too low. And this doesn't count the
people who are not told that after they do a biospy, the cancer will
very likely spread. Thus with or without treatment, many people lives
will be cut short.

--
Bill

"Christopher Muto" wrote in message
oh, under *accidental deaths" there is a category for "Complications
of Med/Surg Care" that ranks about 4th in the higher age groups
(presumably because higher age groups consume more medical care and
surgery).
"Christopher Muto" wrote in message
perhaps it is one of the largest causes of *accidental* death... and
lumped into the 'unspecified accidents' category listed in the second
chart on this page...
http://www.the-eggman.com/writings/death_stats.html

"BillW50" wrote in message
"journey" wrote in message

On Tue, 12 Dec 2006 11:40:12 -0600, "BillW50"
wrote: clipped -- disagreement as to the value of having insurance
but
hey, whatever floats your boat

It is probably the abuse of insurance is my biggest turn off. And
medical insurance is really abused. From doctors, hospitals,
patients, etc.

I used to go to the doctor years ago. They want to fill you up
with expensive pills and do many expensive tests.

Around the age of 50 some fairly important tests are done. Colon
cancer has a high mortality rate and is a leading cause of death.

That very well could be. But did you know that there was a study
about 20 years ago that studied people with cancer who refused
treatment lived on average just over 12 years and those that got
treatment lived on average only 3 years?

http://www.karlloren.com/Jimmy_Keller/page2.htm

And don't get me started on the dangers of having a biopsy! Out of
all of the plain dumb things people believes should be done and you
are just crazy not to have is a biopsy! And this includes the
doctors and most everyone else. But it can be one of the dumbest
moves in your life and maybe your death sentence!

http://www.karlloren.com/biopsy/index.htm

The above talks mainly about breast cancer, but it applies to
almost all of them. And there maybe better websites about this, but
I just pulled this one out of the heap that talked about what I
have known for a long time. And no, I am not a doctor. I am just
very smart!
Whenever I went along with
them, they only made things worse for me. You don't know how many
times they claimed I would die if I wouldn't allow them to do what
they wanted too.

Well, just like the numbers you posted before, I find this hard to
believe.

The last one was a surgeon who said I was going to die if I didn't
get a cyst like growth inside of my scrotum removed. It was huge
and 6 inches around the area was all red. The surgeon claimed it
would spread as little as 24 hours and I would be dead shortly
later if I refused treatment.

He admitted he didn't know the cause of it. But I knew what it was
because I had them many times before. And I never died from them
before and I was sure I wasn't going to die from this one either
(although it was the worst one I ever had). All I wanted was to
have it lanced so the pain would stop and it would go away until
the next time it acted up. That costs $250 believe it or not. Just
to stab it! That is all I wanted. But no, he wanted me in the
hospital right away on antibiotics. And
have surgery done! I said bull! That ain't happening! Either you
lance it or I suffer in pain a few more days and it will open up on
its own. He refused to lance it and I was ready to walk away and he
pleaded with me, just take these super strong antibiotics and
promise to check in the hospital if it gets worse within 24 hours.
I thought what the heck, I love antibiotics since I believe that is
one wonderful drug (if not abused). So I agreed.

Worst mistake of my life! I've taken antibiotics before and nothing
like this has ever happened. When he said they were the strongest
allowed by law, he wasn't kidding! I don't recall if the infection
was better or worse (I was in tons of pain until it opened on its
own). But for at least a year, my whole immune system was totally
out of whack! I think I am almost back to normal (4 years later).
But that was a very big mistake on my part. I am very positive the
antibiotics wasn't needed and I have suffered since from the so
called cysts and I won't go to the doctor about it. I just let
nature handle it and I'm still here. I have suffered dozens of
times from it and it isn't life threatening at all! It is just a
major inconvenience to me. And before some doctor or whatever comes
along and claims how dumb
I am to put up with this. It started out as a pilonidal cyst and
when it was attempted to remove it, they screwed up and now it is
strung all around. I know this and nobody can do anything about it.
It isn't a bad deal really, just a burst of pain and draining.
Cutting it out will do not good whatsoever! It will just reoccur
somewhere else. It does that anyway overtime. It is too late for me
and if the first attempt wasn't screwed up, I believe I would have
no problems today. And before someone feels pity, don't! As I am
blessed with 99% of
the time being perfectly healthy. And when this crops up, it is
really one of the most intensive pains around (women who have had
it claimed it is worse than child birth). I don't take pain killers
(I believe in them, I just don't ask and they don't offer). I did
buy a quart of 151 (alcohol) once to kill the pain. But the dang
pain was still there, but I didn't care. lol

And don't get me wrong and believe that I'm against *all* medical
interventions! Oh no that isn't true one bit! They can and do save
lives, no doubt about it! But they also practice some very dumb
things that can also spell a death sentence for you as well. And
have you ever noticed it is generally called a practice anyway?
Think about it.
On the other hand, there would be millions of people still alive
if they refused any medical help. The AMA claimed that medical
intervention was the number 3 killer.

Do you have a link to this information?

I thought I could find this really quickly and I am having trouble
finding it. But I have heard many times 100,000 is lost a year do to
medical interventions. This has been all over the news, time and
time again (higher than auto deaths which usually number 40,000 a
year in the US). And I am totally convinced that these numbers are
way too low. But don't think I am belittling what I said about the
AMA claim. I'll find it someday. Hopefully soon.

I love to show them, are you in the midwest?

Yes, e-mail me...

Okay the rest will have to go in email and if I forget, remind me
about Commodore and Apple thing. And btw, I agree with you.

--
Bill

Old December 16th 06, 02:04 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
journey

On Fri, 15 Dec 2006 13:01:23 -0700, Notan
wrote:

Napoleon Bonaparte (1769 - 1821)

Consider the source! g

Notan

LOL, this cracked me up, very funny!
Old December 16th 06, 02:06 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
journey

On Thu, 14 Dec 2006 19:42:15 -0600, "BillW50" wrote:

I don't take pain killers (I believe in them, I
just don't ask and they don't offer). I did buy a quart of 151 (alcohol)
once to kill the pain. But the dang pain was still there, but I didn't
care. lol

Until the next day :-)
Old December 16th 06, 08:12 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
BillW50

"journey" wrote in message

On Thu, 14 Dec 2006 19:42:15 -0600, "BillW50" wrote:

I don't take pain killers (I believe in them, I
just don't ask and they don't offer). I did buy a quart of 151
(alcohol) once to kill the pain. But the dang pain was still there,
but I didn't care. lol

Until the next day :-)

I don't know how to explain this, maybe someone knows. But I usually
only drink beer and I'll get a buzz and all, but I don't get sick or
hangovers anymore. I might if I drink something with more alcohol (about
once a year I'll drink something harder). But drinking a beer every hour
will just give me a buzz and that is all. I wouldn't drive if I do drink
beer, but I feel pretty safe if I only had 2 or 3 and wait about 2 hours
after my last one. I don't know, if beer doesn't effect you like it used
too, maybe that is a bad sign, eh? sigh

--
Bill

Old December 19th 06, 12:17 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
journey

On Sat, 16 Dec 2006 14:12:47 -0600, "BillW50" wrote:

I don't know, if beer doesn't effect you like it used
too, maybe that is a bad sign, eh? sigh

--
Bill

Since you are Bill W, I thought you might tell us :-)

(a friend of Bill)
Old December 19th 06, 12:58 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
BillW50

"journey" wrote in message

On Sat, 16 Dec 2006 14:12:47 -0600, "BillW50" wrote:

I don't know, if beer doesn't effect you like it used
too, maybe that is a bad sign, eh? sigh

Since you are Bill W, I thought you might tell us :-)

(a friend of Bill)

HEY! My initials are Bill (well the first name) and the last name as W.
That is all I know. I do know that I am both German and Irish. So if
genes plays a part, if anybody is immune to alcohol it is these people
(well Russians also seem to be a bit good in this area too). But I also
believe nobody is immune totally, but I do believe they can handle a
little better than most others. But if they go too far, they are no
better than others.

--
Bill

Old December 19th 06, 01:05 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
journey

On Mon, 18 Dec 2006 18:58:01 -0600, "BillW50" wrote:

But if they go too far, they are no
better than others.

--
Bill

Well, I have already had my lifetime supply of alcohol. I reached 6
years sobrer as of 12-01. I don't miss alcohol at all, and I am glad
for the spiritual journey my recovery has provided.

I may christen my next laptop by smashing a non-alcoholic bottle of
champagne against it, but only if I buy the complete care warranty.

I'm thinking XPS 1210 w Vista & maxed out, but a pad of paper and
smooth pens are close competition and a whole lot cheaper.
Old December 19th 06, 05:05 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
BillW50

"journey" wrote in message

On Mon, 18 Dec 2006 18:58:01 -0600, "BillW50" wrote:

But if they go too far, they are no
better than others.

--
Bill

Well, I have already had my lifetime supply of alcohol. I reached 6
years sobrer as of 12-01. I don't miss alcohol at all, and I am glad
for the spiritual journey my recovery has provided.

I am not there yet.

And would it help if I told you I quit for 10 years and it changed
nothing except my health was worse back then?

Although I once I knew what addiction was, but not anymore. As I played
with it for another 10 years! Getting addicted and quitting over and
over again. And I am not kidding, going through withdrawals over 500
times, it no longer has any control over me. Now I can handle any
withdrawals whatsoever (I never had a pain pill either in my life). Give
me the worst additive thing in the world and it still has no power over
me at all.

And before any scientist or research study thinks this is BS! All I say
is to try me and I will prove otherwise! I am so sure, I would bet my
life on it! How many bozos do you know that would say that? lol

I may christen my next laptop by smashing a non-alcoholic bottle of
champagne against it, but only if I buy the complete care warranty.

Speaking about chisten, Jesus drank wine. Nowhere did Jesus say to stop
drinking alcohol at all. He just mentioned to excess! Which I think most
people would agree with. Some others believe none is better. But I am
not like them. Nor was Jesus!

I'm thinking XPS 1210 w Vista & maxed out, but a pad of paper and
smooth pens are close competition and a whole lot cheaper.

Oh sorry! I thought you were headed somewhere else. Here I agree!

--
Bill