(WinBlows) Ha ha, Vista's just an OSX ripoff

Old December 6th 06, 01:04 PM posted to comp.sys.mac.advocacy,alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,comp.sys.mac.system
Kurt Ullman

Default Macs have vulnerabilities too!

In article ,
Leythos wrote:

And I know LOTs of people using them that write MAC when talking about
their Apple computers, so, what does that tell you - Call it mac, MAC,
Mac, Apple, etc.... it's all the same and anyone in the thread knows
that MAC means the computer by Apple and not anything else. Only a troll
would start a reply about MAC meaning anything else in this thread.

That tells me you hang out with a lot of semi-literate people. And
only a troll would argue with a person about it, most would let it slide
and figure the OP of that part was trying to pull my chain. Much like I
am doing now. However, I tire quickly of trollery (why I am not a better
troll), so I will now signoff this particular thread of idiocy.
Old December 6th 06, 07:02 PM posted to comp.sys.mac.advocacy,alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,comp.sys.mac.system
Anders Eklöf

Leythos wrote:

And I know LOTs of people using them that write MAC when talking about
their Apple computers, so, what does that tell you - Call it mac, MAC,
Mac, Apple, etc.... it's all the same and anyone in the thread knows
that MAC means the computer by Apple and not anything else. Only a troll
would start a reply about MAC meaning anything else in this thread.

We are all MAC users.
MAC means Media Access Control. Every modern Mac has at least two MAC
addresses - one for the ethernet port, and one for Airport. Most have
one for Bluetooth as well.

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MAC_address

--
I recommend Macs to my friends, and Windows machines
to those whom I don't mind billing by the hour
Old December 7th 06, 04:17 AM posted to comp.sys.mac.advocacy,alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,comp.sys.mac.system
Mitch

In article , Steve de Mena
wrote:

Thanks for the picture of the old
docking bay from Apple, I had not seen that.

That was the Duo set from 1992. Two models, small trackball (pre-CD and
pre-trackpad), color screens. Very thin for the period.

It wasn't the only set of docks Apple made, but I think it was the
earliest. And third-party docks were made for models until around 1997,
IIRC. I didn't look around after that.
Old December 7th 06, 05:15 AM posted to comp.sys.mac.advocacy,alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,comp.sys.mac.system
Wegie

In article ,
Leythos wrote:

The use of all capital letters for "MAC" implies that is is an acronym,
which it is not when you are referring to a Macintosh computer.

And if you were a MAC user it would imply that you have your head up
your a$$ so far that you just want to pick a fight over the common name
for the system that's been used for decades.

Of course, you don't have your head up yours for obstinately going
against centuries of English usage on acronyms and abbreviations and
general conventions of style, exactly why? Personally, I think this is
kinda dumb on both sides, but at least the other guy has the above on
his obsessive side...

And I know LOTs of people using them that write MAC when talking about
their Apple computers, so, what does that tell you - Call it mac, MAC,
Mac, Apple, etc.... it's all the same and anyone in the thread knows
that MAC means the computer by Apple and not anything else. Only a troll
would start a reply about MAC meaning anything else in this thread.

incorrect. No Mac user ever uses MAC to designate their computer type.
It's Mac, mac or Macintosh. NEVER EVER MAC, since that is a term
reserved for networking, and totally unrelated to the product made by
Apple.

You are clearly in the wrong here, so just give up and admit you don't
understand Macs.

--
..

ATI Radeon 9600 All-In-Wonder supported in Vista's Media Center? [email protected] Ati Videocards 0 September 8th 06 08:33 PM
mouse feet ripoff Ian Davies General 6 June 28th 06 07:10 PM
Dell Educational Laptop "Specials" - ripoff?? minnehaha Dell Computers 19 August 1st 04 08:03 PM
Epson "ink is low" ripoff David Besack Homebuilt PC's 2 June 25th 04 01:51 PM
powerleap ripoff. Jeptha Packard Bell Computers 33 May 29th 04 03:43 PM