screws for PCI boards.

Old December 4th 16, 10:10 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Norm X[_2_]

Default screws for PCI boards.

Hello fellow enthusiasts,

I have been using a plastic clip that came with my ACER M1640 since it was
new in 2008. The thumb flap has broken off the now fragile plastic clip. I
don't think I ever had screws for this PC. Exactly which screw # should I
ask for in the local hardware store?

Thanks in advance

Old December 4th 16, 11:56 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Paul[_28_]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_case_screws

#6-32 UNC screw

It commonly appears in lengths of 3/16 inch and 1/4 inch

To hold an expansion card in place by its metal slot cover

Sometimes, you will find sellers offering "bag of screws",
of which some of them would work with more than one
computer. It may be cheaper to buy a bag of screws,
than to pursue just individual screws by name.

And note that some Chinese screw makers, are unaware
that floor sweepings are not appreciated. I've
received screws with no threads, so there is
some "quality dropout". A North American supplier
would not do that. Unprocessed screws would be
melted down and recycled in N.A. , rather than put
in the bag. Quality has improved since that incident,
so I think they're learning what a screw is :-)

Paul