Two computers one keyboard/mouse two VDU

Old October 11th 15, 05:46 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Graham Harrison[_2_]

Default Two computers one keyboard/mouse two VDU

I currently have an old Dell with a Logitech wireless keyboard/mouse
set for which the receiver plugs into a USB port. It has 2 VDUs
connected using DVI (it could use VGA). Runs Vista(!)

I'm shortly to acquire a much newer machine which will also have dual
VDU capability using DVI or VGA. On receipt it will be running Win
8.1 but I plan to upgrade to Win 10.

What I would like to do is continue to use the existing keyborad/mouse
and both VDUs to connect to both computers. I can find switches to
do that if I only use 1 screen. Does anyone know of a device that
will allow me to use both screens on both computers?

I am in the UK.
Old October 14th 15, 07:31 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
philo

On 10/11/2015 11:46 AM, Graham Harrison wrote:
I currently have an old Dell with a Logitech wireless keyboard/mouse
set for which the receiver plugs into a USB port. It has 2 VDUs
connected using DVI (it could use VGA). Runs Vista(!)

I'm shortly to acquire a much newer machine which will also have dual
VDU capability using DVI or VGA. On receipt it will be running Win
8.1 but I plan to upgrade to Win 10.

What I would like to do is continue to use the existing keyborad/mouse
and both VDUs to connect to both computers. I can find switches to
do that if I only use 1 screen. Does anyone know of a device that
will allow me to use both screens on both computers?

I am in the UK.

They do make dual monitor KVM switched but they are somewhat expensive..

http://www.startech.com/uk/Server-Ma...ub~SV431DDVDUA
Old October 14th 15, 07:55 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Bill Bradshaw

I use Input Director but my computers are networked through my router.

http://www.inputdirector.com/
--
Bill

Brought to you from Anchorage, Alaska

Old October 23rd 15, 01:05 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Live

There is also Synergy.
http://synergy-project.org/