PC 4GB RAM limit

Old June 2nd 05, 04:35 AM
kony

On Wed, 1 Jun 2005 21:49:35 -0400, "ModeratelyConfused"
wrote:

"Stephan Carydakis" wrote in message
with skills like that, you would definitely benefit from one of these
http://www.daskeyboard.com/

Oh, I want one. But not for that price.

MC

Naw... it's labeled as a "keyboard" in the corner- ruins the
whole effect!
Old June 2nd 05, 05:06 AM
Phil Weldon

I believe I once read of a set of self adhesive keys that came with a
surface on which to build a customized key layout. And there is always the
laser keyboard; invisible when switched off.

Phil Weldon

Old June 2nd 05, 05:18 AM
David Maynard

Phil Weldon wrote:

I believe I once read of a set of self adhesive keys that came with a
surface on which to build a customized key layout. And there is always the
laser keyboard; invisible when switched off.

Makes it a challenge to find the keyboard power on key, eh?

Phil Weldon

Old June 2nd 05, 07:08 AM
Phil Weldon

David Maynard, writing of the lasar keyboard which disappears when switched
off:
"Makes it a challenge to find the keyboard power on key, eh"?

That is a feature, not a bug. It vastly reduces the chance of RSI, as well
as completely eliminating the need for ANY SOFTWARE AT ALL!

Phil Weldon

Old June 2nd 05, 10:20 AM
David Maynard

Phil Weldon wrote:
David Maynard, writing of the lasar keyboard which disappears when switched
off:
"Makes it a challenge to find the keyboard power on key, eh"?

That is a feature, not a bug. It vastly reduces the chance of RSI,

It's premature to draw that conclusion as data on injury from repetitive
invisible key searching isn't in yet and studies of secondary effects, such
as frustration hurling of the invisible keyboard through windows, are in
the early stage.

On the other side, it's now admitted that preliminary reports of people
injured by hurled invisible keyboards were flawed due to an inability to
definitively identify the invisible object responsible. In addition, the
data was corrupted by "fake hurling" (person pretends to hurl), "virtual
hurling" (person hurled but missed when grabbing the invisible keyboard,
similar to not finding the power on key, so no physical object was actually
in play), and "psychosomatic hurling" (person claims injury when no object
was hurled); now referred to as KH, VH, and PH syndrome, respectively, with
KH using K, for "fake," being necessary to avoid confusion with the primary
"frustration hurling" syndrome designation of "FH."

This is not to say that FH, FK, PH, and VH syndromes are the only secondary
effects, though. They were simply the first to manifest.

as well
as completely eliminating the need for ANY SOFTWARE AT ALL!

Ya got a point there

Replacement cost, after hurling, is high though.

Old June 2nd 05, 06:20 PM
kony

On Thu, 02 Jun 2005 04:20:31 -0500, David Maynard
wrote:

Phil Weldon wrote:
[...]

LOL,
Don't discount the effects of IHS, and IP.

Keyboards hitting Invisible People or those invisible people
becoming Invisible Human Shields to protect our esteemed
leaders.

Old June 3rd 05, 03:25 AM
ModeratelyConfused

"Phil Weldon" wrote in message
hlink.net...
I believe I once read of a set of self adhesive keys that came with a
surface on which to build a customized key layout. And there is always the
laser keyboard; invisible when switched off.

Phil Weldon

I think I know which keyboard you're talking about, but I forget the name.
I believe it was about the size of a mousepad, and close to $200.

MC