Problems with TNT2 M64 and last official drivers from NVIDIA

Old February 6th 04, 06:16 PM
pippozzo

Default Problems with TNT2 M64 and last official drivers from NVIDIA

Hello. Searching http://groups.google.com/groups?&q=tnt2+53.03+icons and
http://groups.google.com/groups?&q=tnt2+53.03+icone brings up 3 different
results of people using TNT2 M64 cards and last official drivers from NVIDIA
(WHQL), and having problems displaying various programs icons. I personally
have found incompatibilities with Nero 6 and a single True Launch Bar plugin
(CD Control 2.0), but MSN Messenger 6.0 / 6.1 and Adobe Acrobat 6 seem to be
affected too.
I think that before releasing drivers, these things should be checked: yes,
it's important to have 98x antialising on 5999900XTY cards, but probably
users which have been giving support to NVIDIA up to now will consider
buying another NV card even from support NV gives to a 5 years old card too,
because someday 5950 cards will be old too, and that day we don't want
scrambled icons on Longhorn with a 450? card, do we?
TNT2 M64 is still sold in many shops as the entry-level card though!

Old February 7th 04, 01:28 PM
Dark Avenger

"pippozzo" wrote in message ...
[...]

The TNT2 chipset is very old and.. yet it's stil sold since it's great
for servers that don't need muchos graphic power. And yes there are
problems with the latest nvidia drivers...lets say that unless you
have an FX card you better not install them!

Even GF4 ti card owners have problems with the latest
drivers...something is truly ****ed up with nvidia!
Old February 8th 04, 02:10 AM
Mike

There is no real benefit to using the latest drivers on that old of a card.
There will be no performance boost or added features. Stick to older drivers
form the 23.xx era. They are rock solid.

MIKE

"Dark Avenger" wrote in message
om...