Help OC'ing 2.4c 800 fsb in Abit IC7-G

Old July 13th 03, 04:40 PM
Larry Webb

Default Help OC'ing 2.4c 800 fsb in Abit IC7-G

I've overclocked a couple of Abit machines before but I'm not sure where
to start with this one that I've just put together. I'm hoping for
3.0ghz but I ran out of money for the graphics card and I hope that
won't kill my chances. Below is what I'm working with.

1. Abit IC7-G MB
2. 2.4c pent 4 800fsb
3. 2 sticks of matched Corsair DDR400 XMS3200
4. Abit Siluro FX5200 8x 128 mb

Thanks for any help
Larry Webb

Old July 13th 03, 06:16 PM
MiniDisc_2k2

"Larry Webb" wrote in message
I've overclocked a couple of Abit machines before but I'm not sure where
to start with this one that I've just put together. I'm hoping for
3.0ghz but I ran out of money for the graphics card and I hope that
won't kill my chances. Below is what I'm working with.

1. Abit IC7-G MB
2. 2.4c pent 4 800fsb

I have the 533FSB version of that

3. 2 sticks of matched Corsair DDR400 XMS3200

Same ram (but only 1 stick)

4. Abit Siluro FX5200 8x 128 mb

And I have worse -- GeForce 4 MX 440-SE (DDR333)

Thanks for any help
Larry Webb

Don't worry, I think your chances of hitting 3GHz are fine. I have a worse
graphics card and have no problems at 2.95GHz. Because you have the 800MHz
version, I expect your overclocking experience to be even better (because of
the low multiplier which you have, since you have the slowest available
800MHz processor). You should be fine.

Just make sure to keep your PCI settings at 33MHz and your AGP settings at
66MHz. Don't expect the corsair ram to overclock much, mine only went up
about 10MHz (but my next divider setting would set it at DDR436, so I wasn't
surprised by that, a 36MHz increase on RAM is a bit much).

--
MiniDisc_2k2

Abit KV8 Pro Wad AMD x86-64 Processors 3 July 31st 04 05:25 PM
Last/Fastest cB0 stepped 'gray zone' Celerons work natively on Abit ZM6/BM6? pgtr General 15 July 9th 04 07:29 PM
Abit KV8-MAX3 board Dgoner AMD x86-64 Processors 0 March 19th 04 06:32 AM
Im pissed at ABIT ! Continuing ABIT kx7-333R woes [email protected] General 2 January 3rd 04 07:54 AM
Cant get 2.4C to 3ghz....any ideas..? Mark Grant Overclocking 7 July 6th 03 01:51 AM