Help with RAID transfer from MSI to ASUS

Old August 23rd 03, 06:18 AM
ECB

Default Help with RAID transfer from MSI to ASUS

Had a fully working system:

MSI MicroStar K7T266Pro-2ru RAID with
(1) Maxtor 40 gig 7200 HD and
(1) Western Digital 40 gig 7200 HD acting as a single 80 gig HD;
Ram Memory: 128mb DDR2100;
Clocking chip: ICS94215AF.
Promise Chip is the same PDC20265R on both boards.

This ended when my screwdriver slipped off the Volcano 7's hold-down
clip while trying to put on the fan/heat sink. One of my board's
capacitors was ruined and two CPU's were fried as a result
(one AMD Duron 1.2 and a brand new AMD Duron 1.3).
I only have an AMD Athlon 1000 now.

Questions...
(a) if it can be done and
(b) considering that I want to upgrade the CPU to the fastest CPU
chip, RAM Memory, and largest capacity HDs that can be installed on
the A7V133 motherboard:

(1) Is there a tool to prevent the above accident either in install or
removal?

(2) What are the exact and precise steps to take to fully transfer my
former MSI RAID to an Asus A7V133 REV 1.05 motherboard with BIOS 1005?
I want to do this with the least amount of work and have nothing
compromised on the two HDs acting as one. I do not want to re-format
the HDs nor add any programs unless absolutely necessary.

(3) How different is the setup procedure for RAID if it must be done
from scratch with two brand-new unformatted HDs?

(4) I also want to know how dealers setup RAID on multiple computers
(2-10+, etc) that they are selling using the same configuration so it
is less time consuming, fast and duplicated?

Thanks! ahead of time.

You many contact me via my e-mail as a duplicate to the thread.

"...a man without a computer...is no man at all...unless you're
without one." (: