PEEEEEEP

Old December 2nd 09, 08:46 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.arch,nl.comp.hardware,nl.gezondheid.medisch,sci.electronics.design
Skybuck Flying[_2_]

Default PEEEEEEP

I hear a little zooming sound in my ears...

I can think of two possibilities:

1. Too much gaming (Company of Heroe's + Left 4 Dead 2 + Dirt 2 )

2. High pitch sound coming from stock AMD X2 CPU Cooler ?!

I think it's actually number 2 ?!

Wacky !

Oh well.

If the peep don't go away after I stop gaming... when I stop gaming... I
might have to do something about... ****ty ?!

Maybe trying to oil it ?!? But is it sleave bearing or ball baring fan...
hmmm...

Otherwise other cpu cooler needed but I already spent so much money on this
PC... I really don't wanna spent any more on it... and I wouldn't know what
cpu cooler get... this is pretty ridicilous.

My next computer is gonna be an ultra low heat computer ! Me pretty sure
about that ! :P*
(But must still have some power !)

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old December 2nd 09, 08:49 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.arch,nl.comp.hardware,nl.gezondheid.medisch,sci.electronics.design
Skybuck Flying[_2_]

Actually there are two more possibilities I can think of:

3. The Denon receiver has something to do with it... maybe it's equalizer
?!?

4. The fans of the case have something to do with it when they on medium ?!?
Maybe too much noise...

Lastly:

5. X-Fi "bass redirection ?"

I still think it's number 2 though...

Also very remote possibility:

6. Outside building fan not giving my ears enough rest...

But I still think it's number 2 though ! =D

or

7. "7.1 surround sound sets bad for ears ?"

Hmm me go google that !

Bye,
Skybuck.

b.home.nl...

Old December 2nd 09, 03:09 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.arch,nl.comp.hardware,nl.gezondheid.medisch,sci.electronics.design
John Larkin

On Wed, 2 Dec 2009 09:49:48 +0100, "Skybuck Flying"
wrote:

Actually there are two more possibilities I can think of:

3. The Denon receiver has something to do with it... maybe it's equalizer
?!?

4. The fans of the case have something to do with it when they on medium ?!?
Maybe too much noise...

Lastly:

5. X-Fi "bass redirection ?"

I still think it's number 2 though...

Also very remote possibility:

6. Outside building fan not giving my ears enough rest...

But I still think it's number 2 though ! =D

or

7. "7.1 surround sound sets bad for ears ?"

Hmm me go google that !

Bye,
Skybuck.

"Skybuck Flying" wrote in message
. nb.home.nl...
[...]

Try going outside and see if you still hear it. How long has it been
since you were outside?

John

Old December 2nd 09, 04:14 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.arch,nl.comp.hardware,nl.gezondheid.medisch,sci.electronics.design
[email protected]

wrote:
[...]

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Thanks, I needed a good laugh!

Mark L. Fergerson
Old December 2nd 09, 06:30 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.arch,nl.comp.hardware,nl.gezondheid.medisch,sci.electronics.design
Skybuck Flying[_2_]

"Jan Panteltje" wrote in message
On a sunny day (Wed, 02 Dec 2009 08:38:19 -0800) it happened D from BC
wrote in
:

On Wed, 2 Dec 2009 09:46:35 +0100, "Skybuck Flying"
wrote:

[...]

Now that's a Skybuck post..

Actually a nice and funny one.

I don't think it's funny hearing a peep all day...

But I have an idea.

I will record the sound and put it on my website !

Then you can hear what I hear !

The PEEEEEEP goes away when I put Asus Q-FAN on (option in bios)... then the
CPU fan spins slower... but then I risk overheating my motherboard ?!

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old December 2nd 09, 07:02 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.arch,nl.comp.hardware,nl.gezondheid.medisch,sci.electronics.design
Robert Myers

On Dec 2, 1:30*pm, "Skybuck Flying" wrote:

I don't think it's funny hearing a peep all day...

But I have an idea.

I will record the sound and put it on my website !

No link. Of course, I'd only visit such a website on a virtual
machine (not that your website would be likely to be peppered with
malware, of course), and my vm setups don't handle the sound card all
that gracefully.

Then you can hear what I hear !

Now, THAT is a promise that makes me want to tinker with my virtual
machines so that I CAN hear whatever it is that you are hearing.

The PEEEEEEP goes away when I put Asus Q-FAN on (option in bios)... then the
CPU fan spins slower... but then I risk overheating my motherboard ?!

Sometimes I wonder if you are just one of the most devious and
convoluted trolls I have ever encountered, which is to say that
everything you say is entirely fabricated with considerable insight as
to how it would be viewed by others. There's too much detail,
though. If this is all the product of your malicious imagination, you
should be putting that imagination to better use.

Robert.
Old December 2nd 09, 07:05 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.arch,nl.comp.hardware,nl.gezondheid.medisch,sci.electronics.design
SteveH

Robert Myers wrote:

Sometimes I wonder if you are just one of the most devious and
convoluted trolls I have ever encountered, which is to say that
everything you say is entirely fabricated with considerable insight as
to how it would be viewed by others. There's too much detail,
though. If this is all the product of your malicious imagination, you
should be putting that imagination to better use.

Robert.

Nah, he's just bonkers.

--
SteveH

Old December 2nd 09, 07:27 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.arch,nl.comp.hardware,nl.gezondheid.medisch,sci.electronics.design
Skybuck Flying[_2_]

Default PEEEEEEP (Audio recording available !)

I am not completely happy with this first but "true-to-life" recording.

It shows the sound situation exactly as it is... (volume enhanced though)
but there is also a lot of "background/fan-air sound".

I want to capture the PEEEEEP sound in all it's glory ! So there can be no
doubt about it !

Therefore later today at night I will go to extreme lengths to capture it
once and for all !

The plan is to:

1. Wait for night fall =D
2. Detach as many case fans as possible, remove sticky tape for cables if
necessary, re-apply later possibly with new sticky tape.
3. Keep cpu fan running since that's what is producing the sound.

4. Record it from chair/head position first in case sound is directional.
5. Record it up close to zoom if it makes the recording even better.

4 and 5 will be the most important recordings.

Maybe I do some additional recordings of different fan speeds... like at
night and all low... but web-space is low so it's probably useless to make
those recordings anyway... I could store them on my harddisk for later/years
later if I want to hear how my PC sounded in case it died or something =D As
a reminder or so ! LOL.
Usually my PC's don't die... but this one probably wiiiilllllll ! Question
is why would I want to have a recording... oh well you never know what it's
good for the answer is !

So I will make those recordings for my own personal interesting (the fan
speed recordings) but those won't be published...

Only the best PEEEEEEEEEEEEEPING sound recordings will be published on my
website !

(If space is too low I might have to delete the first one... so get it will
you can ! )

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old December 2nd 09, 08:45 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.arch,nl.comp.hardware,nl.gezondheid.medisch,sci.electronics.design
Skybuck Flying[_2_]

When I play this in Windows Media player there seems to be a clear double
sinus/cosinus wave distorted by the air flow sound... kinda interesting...

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old December 3rd 09, 06:00 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.arch,nl.comp.hardware,nl.gezondheid.medisch,sci.electronics.design
Skybuck Flying[_2_]

8. Refrigirator...

It also makes a high pitch sound... but not all day long ? Though currently
it's mostly empty except for the freezing section...

But I have this device for 9 years or so... so I doubt that it's the
fridge... anyway... I now have a new better recording... gonna enhance it
and then a link will follow in the other sub thread !

Bye,
Skybuck.