M2N68-AM Motherboard and slow USB

Old March 28th 09, 11:09 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Wombat

Default M2N68-AM Motherboard and slow USB

Just purchased this motherboard to use as a media center. Tried transfering
30Gb of data from a portable hard dsk but it took over 7 hours. Don't know
much about computers but I assume this is a USB1/USB2 issue?. I installed
all device driver disks ut no luck! Also checked out the ASUS website but
find nothing. Can somebody point me in the right direction, do I need a
device driver for USB2 or is the answer elsewhere?

Old March 28th 09, 03:06 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
André, PE1PQX[_2_]

Wombat schreef op 28-3-2009 :
Just purchased this motherboard to use as a media center. Tried transfering
30Gb of data from a portable hard dsk but it took over 7 hours. Don't know
much about computers but I assume this is a USB1/USB2 issue?. I installed
all device driver disks ut no luck! Also checked out the ASUS website but
find nothing. Can somebody point me in the right direction, do I need a
device driver for USB2 or is the answer elsewhere?

Oalso telling what OS you are using gcould help.
In case of XP, make sure you have the latest servicepacks installed.

--
As Drent Binj altied Stoned Umdaj Tuschen Hunebedden Woont