Problem with recovery on ma78g-s2h

Old June 28th 08, 03:21 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte

Default Problem with recovery on ma78g-s2h

Is the sata-controller on this motherboard so special ?

None of my acronis true image server versions (9.1 per example) can
see drives.

I see a problem in using my backup. I can create a backup image from
windows xp pro 'on the fly'. But the bootable acronis CD cannot see
the harddisk. So whereever I store the backup, I cannot bring it back.

Any advice would be appreciated.

best regards

John
Old June 28th 08, 09:19 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte

On Sat, 28 Jun 2008 19:44:01 GMT, me/2 wrote:

On Sat, 28 Jun 2008 16:21:48 +0200, J wrote:

:
:Is the sata-controller on this motherboard so special ?
:
:None of my acronis true image server versions (9.1 per example) can
:see drives.
:
:I see a problem in using my backup. I can create a backup image from
:windows xp pro 'on the fly'. But the bootable acronis CD cannot see
:the harddisk. So whereever I store the backup, I cannot bring it back.
:
:Any advice would be appreciated.
:
:best regards
:
:John

I had the same problem with 9.1 workstation with a couple of Gigabyte
motherboards with the Intel ICH9R Sata Raid controllers. Updating to
9.5 took care of the issue since that controller didn't exist when 9.1
was first released.

Hopefully the same newer hardware detection was added to the server
edition of 9.5. You should give that a try.

Thank you very much

John
Old June 30th 08, 09:18 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte

On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 03:47:07 GMT, me/2 wrote:

On Sat, 28 Jun 2008 22:19:13 +0200, J wrote:

:On Sat, 28 Jun 2008 19:44:01 GMT, me/2 wrote:
:
:On Sat, 28 Jun 2008 16:21:48 +0200, J wrote:
:
::
[...]

No problem...hope that gets it for you.

I got a trial version of acronis workstation 9.5
I let me make a bootable CD. I tested that: it worked with S2H. Now
the clue is: I assume backward compatibility with 9.1, so that I can
still make my backup with 9.1, that I have registrated.

Just a passway. ;-)

best regards

John