Two Dead Antic P/S in a GA-EP35-DS3L. What should I know?

Old June 15th 08, 02:16 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Bruce K.

Default Two Dead Antic P/S in a GA-EP35-DS3L. What should I know?

I built a system using an Antec EA380 and the computer was dead.

Took computer to a local repair shop and the tech told me that the P/S
was NG. He plugged in his P/S and the machine booted up.

I exchanged the EA 380 for a EA 420 and again it was dead.

What am I doung wrong here?

Thanks,

Bruce
Old June 16th 08, 06:51 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Wesley[_5_]

"Bruce K." wrote in message
I built a system using an Antec EA380 and the computer was dead.

Took computer to a local repair shop and the tech told me that the P/S
was NG. He plugged in his P/S and the machine booted up.

I exchanged the EA 380 for a EA 420 and again it was dead.

What am I doung wrong here?

Thanks,

Bruce

Ah DON'T BUY ANTEC ever again.

I bought expensive ANTEC PSU 2 years ago and in fact DOA.

I thought mobo failed or other stuff I exchange lot of hardware all no go it
turn out ANTEC DOA out of box.

ANTEC NEVER NEVER AGAIN

Old June 30th 08, 05:18 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Don Diego

Len Mattix wrote:
You didn't say what you had connected to the MB and the computer in
general but in todays computer arena both of those PS units are pretty
puny. I had a 550 and when I upgraded to a very simular MB and quad
core CPU the PS became a 700 watt unit.

Don't know how much you are running but if you have a high powered CPU
or SLI/Crossfire running on your system a more heftly PS may be a good
consideration.

FWIW
Len

"Bruce K." wrote in message
I built a system using an Antec EA380 and the computer was dead.

Took computer to a local repair shop and the tech told me that the P/S
was NG. He plugged in his P/S and the machine booted up.

I exchanged the EA 380 for a EA 420 and again it was dead.

What am I doung wrong here?

Thanks,

Bruce

Weird.... I had exactly the same problem with Antec power supplies a few
days ago.