Probs MSA1000, "I2C_Read_Chunk: Device = EMU, I2C_SetAddress() failed"

Old February 4th 05, 10:06 AM
Daniel Schwager

Default Probs MSA1000, "I2C_Read_Chunk: Device = EMU, I2C_SetAddress() failed"

Hi,

we have a problem with a HP MSA1000.

We start to install the MSA1000, but
when conntecting to to CLI we got the following errors
the whole time.

Maybe somebody can help us ?
Do somebody know the meaning of the error (we haven't found it any hp-manuel)
Do somebody know a way to track down this problem ?

Thanks for helping

regards

Danny

Starting ICL links and beginning redundancy negotiation.
PCI ICL link has been enabled.
Starting ICL negotiation . . .
NVRAM Contents:
backplane:
checksum offset = 118
iteration offset = 121
chassis name = VJ
world wide name = 500805F3000005C0
chassis serial num = 9J140000L2GJ
backplane serial num = P3442XAH9HX268
factory:
board serial num = P56350B9IMX0B9
Startup complete.

* MSA1000 Command Line Interface *

CLI I2C_Read_Chunk: Device = EMU, I2C_SetAddress() failed.
I2C_Read: Resetting I2C bus for device = EMU, retry = 3
I2C_Read_Chunk: Device = EMU, I2C_SetAddress() failed.
I2C_Read: Resetting I2C bus for device = EMU, retry = 2
I2C_Read_Chunk: Device = EMU, I2C_SetAddress() failed.
I2C_Read: Resetting I2C bus for device = EMU, retry = 1
setupICL_Link: failed to receive serial ICL info message.
setupRedundancy: failed to negotiate redundancy.
Redundant controller has been killed.

I2C_Read_Chunk: Device = EMU, I2C_SetAddress() failed.
I2C_Read: Resetting I2C bus for device = EMU, retry = 3
I2C_Read_Chunk: Device = EMU, I2C_SetAddress() failed.
I2C_Read: Resetting I2C bus for device = EMU, retry = 2
I2C_Read_Chunk: Device = EMU, I2C_SetAddress() failed.
I2C_Read: Resetting I2C bus for device = EMU, retry = 1
I2C_Read_Chunk: Device = EMU, I2C_SetAddress() failed.
I2C_Read: Resetting I2C bus for device = EMU, retry = 0
I2C_Read: Device = EMU, I2C_Read_Chunk() failed.
ERROR: failed on do_i2c_emu_command().

DT Netsolution GmbH - Talaeckerstr. 30 - D-70437 Stuttgart
Tel: +49-711-849910-32 Fax: +49-711-849910-932
WEB: http://www.dtnet.de/ email:
Old February 4th 05, 06:54 PM
Rob Turk

"Daniel Schwager" wrote in message
[...]

I2C is a serial protocol inside the machine between chips and subsystems
internally. The message probably means that the internal subsystems can no
longer talk to eachother. That's most likely a hardware failure, so get HP
to service it.

Rob