Do any of these printers work with Windows 2000?

Old December 29th 13, 08:48 PM posted to comp.os.ms-windows.networking.misc,comp.periphs.printers,comp.periphs.printer
Guv Bob[_4_]

Default Do any of these printers work with Windows 2000?

Do any of these printers work with Windows 2000?
Specs for each say XP and later.

Canon MG2220
Canon MG3520
HP 2512

Thanks.

Bob

Old December 29th 13, 11:44 PM posted to comp.os.ms-windows.networking.misc,comp.periphs.printers,comp.periphs.printer
Guv Bob[_4_]

"Frank Williams" wrote in message ...
On Sun, 29 Dec 2013 11:48:16 -0800, "Guv Bob"
wrote:

Do any of these printers work with Windows 2000?
Specs for each say XP and later.

Canon MG2220
Canon MG3520
HP 2512

Thanks.

Bob

Go for Brother leave this Crap alone..

Thanks. Do you know of any current models that work with 2000?

Old January 1st 14, 07:21 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Yianni[_3_]

Thanks. Do you know of any current models that work with 2000?

All Lexmark laser printers.

Old January 2nd 14, 05:06 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Tony

Frank Williams wrote:
On Wed, 1 Jan 2014 08:21:32 +0200, "Yianni" wrote:

Thanks. Do you know of any current models that work with 2000?

All Lexmark laser printers.

Keep well away from Lexmark products total

Why?
Tony

Old January 7th 14, 04:27 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers,nz.comp,nz.tech
Tony

Frank Williams wrote:
On Wed, 01 Jan 2014 22:06:20 -0600, Tony lizandtony at orcon dot net
dot nz wrote:

Frank Williams wrote:
On Wed, 1 Jan 2014 08:21:32 +0200, "Yianni" wrote:

Thanks. Do you know of any current models that work with 2000?

All Lexmark laser printers.

Keep well away from Lexmark products total

Why?
Tony

Its well know on the net regarding the DRM requirements regarding Inks
and Toners, you are required by Lexmark to return the empty Toners back
to them.

You could not even give my a Lexmark Printer.

If you don't believe me do some Google searches..

I certainly wouldn't give you a Lexmark printer or anything else for that
matter.
Lexmark, which took over the IBM printer range many years ago, makes both ink
and laser printers.
Their ink printers have always been a problem, high priced cartridges, but that
is now true of most lower priced ink printers.
Their laser printers have always been very reliable, toner costs are comparable
to other manufacturers unless you want to try refilling which is difficult
(like many other brands).
Overall they are what many users want and can last for years.
What a shame you hijacked this thread; the question was "Do any of these
printers work with Windows 2000?". Yianni answered "All Lexmark laser printers.
". Seems like a very responsible reply and of course accurate, Yianni is always
accurate and considered in his posts and never rude, can you say the same about
yourself?
Tony

Old January 7th 14, 11:01 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Tony

Frank Williams wrote:

dot nz wrote:

Frank Williams wrote:
[...]

I stated Web facts if you don't like it just to bad..

the word is too (with 2 o's)!

Why the Evil thing to post to NZ News Groups, shows what type of person
you are.

Not evil, I thought you would like to share your technical expertise with the
groups that you so often post to and which concern the country you live in! I
am sure there are many there that will enjoy your rhetoric.

Quote:

Now Lexmark (which already unsuccessfully tried to use the DMCA to wipe
out the refills market) has turned to patent law to prop up this effort
to keep its customers in bondage. According to Lexmark the "single use
only" labels on the boxes for their "Prebate" printer cartridges creates
an enforceable contract between Lexmark and consumers. You step outside
the bounds of the contract (by giving your spent cartridge to a
remanufacturer) and you're suddenly a patent infringer. More importantly
Lexmark will argue that cartridge remanufacturers are inducing patent
infringement by making and selling refills.

Equally true of many printer manufacturers, Epson are a prime example and were
only stopped by European law. Many others do their best in different ways to
prevent remanufacturing of cartridges. Your, apparently, favourite manufacturer
Brother used to say that use of remanufactured or compatible cartridges voided
warranty; they appear to have stopped that ridiculous claim (by the way I think
the entry level Brother printers are good value for money).
Tony

Old January 7th 14, 11:04 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers,nz.comp,nz.tech
Tony

dot nz wrote:

Frank Williams wrote:
[...]

Another Kiwi Evil B that tries to cause trouble.

I haven't been called a Bloke in ages!

You live there! If you don't like it go somewhere else or change the system
from within but please stop posting incorrect information rudely (or preferably
at all!).
Tony

Old January 8th 14, 03:19 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Yianni[_3_]

I stated Web facts if you don't like it just to bad..
Keep well away from Lexmark products total

You could not even give my a Lexmark Printer.
If you don't believe me do some Google searches..

My English language is not well, so please be patient and read more
carefully.
Tony (and me) work (or worked) on refilling cartridges and repairing
printers. So, take care of our knowledge.
I would never suggested a Lexmark inkjet printer. They would be the last
choice. (I have heard that now stopped selling inkjets any more). But
Lexmark lasers are my first choice. Also Lexmark laser printers are made for
medium and high usage.
In my country, about 95% of printers used in Banks are Lexmark, because the
higher models are made for high usage, and all are reliable.

Its well know on the net regarding the DRM requirements regarding Inks
and Toners, you are required by Lexmark to return the empty Toners back
to them.

Lexmark has never REALLY asked the empty cartridges back. I think, the
"prebate" (pre rebate) policy is just a "trick" for using against a
remanufactruring company (I never have heard any such case). Not something
to care about it. On the other hand SOME inkjet cartridges are burned after
they get empty.
There are many aspects someone should know, for being able to select between
printer models.

Old January 8th 14, 05:55 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers,nz.comp,nz.tech
Enkidu[_3_]

On 07/01/14 16:27, Tony wrote:

[...]

I've used Lexmark printers, both colour and b&w, but that was some (8)
years ago. They *were* nothing but trouble. I can't say that they still
are. They would streak, refuse to recognise toner cartridges. We had
several multi-tray Lexmarks and they caused endless problems too, not
recognising paper in the trays and picking from the wrong tray! And they
were noisy as!

As I said, this was some time ago, but I'm not inclined to go for one
myself.

Cheers,

Cliff

Old January 8th 14, 06:32 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers,nz.comp,nz.tech
Tony

Enkidu wrote:
On 07/01/14 16:27, Tony wrote:

[...]

That's a reasonable opinion based on your experience instead of a selective
pick from the internet. I believe their laser printers are better now (that is
my experience), their ink printers were not great at all and there is a
suggestion that they may be getting out of the ink printer business.

Tony