Dell Inspiron 9400 Bluetooth - Motorola Razor v3 Cell Phone - Bluetooth

Old July 24th 06, 07:01 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
[email protected]

Default Dell Inspiron 9400 Bluetooth - Motorola Razor v3 Cell Phone - Bluetooth

Via the Toshiba bluetooth on this PC, the PC finds the cell phone, but
recognizes and configures it as a modem.

Is there a way to configure the bluetooth connection such that I can
use it with Motorola's Phone Tools and work with the phone as a more
generic device?

I had a Dell XPS system. Although it didn't have built-in bluetooth, I
used a Logitech bluetooth device that came with a keyboard/mouse. It
worked with the phone just fine.

Thanks

Old July 24th 06, 07:23 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Clint

Who's cell phone is it? Many cell companies lock down features they don't
want you to have. Verizon (US) and Telus (Canada) are famous for that.

Clint

oups.com...

Old July 24th 06, 11:22 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Tom Scales

wrote in message
oups.com...
Via the Toshiba bluetooth on this PC, the PC finds the cell phone, but
recognizes and configures it as a modem.

Is there a way to configure the bluetooth connection such that I can
use it with Motorola's Phone Tools and work with the phone as a more
generic device?

I had a Dell XPS system. Although it didn't have built-in bluetooth, I
used a Logitech bluetooth device that came with a keyboard/mouse. It
worked with the phone just fine.

Thanks

I haven't succeeded in doing it with my Cingular V3 either.

Tom

Old July 26th 06, 05:43 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Jay B

my son just demonstrated to me the blue tooth working on a E1405 with
his motorola phone with cingular. he was able to transfer pics, and
videos and music back and forth.

so it does work if you have the right carrier.
i hear that verizon doesnt work.