Lexmark Says "Can't Commuinicate" ... but I can still print

Old January 20th 05, 11:11 PM
BruceM

Default Lexmark Says "Can't Commuinicate" ... but I can still print

Sounds like the usual problem that some people confront when they migrate
from parallel port to USB port printers.
I presume you're on XP so go to
START
PRINTERS & FAXES
right click & select properties for the printer.
Click on PORTS
Make sure you select USB & not LPT or COM port.
Any better?

"Patrick Whittle" wrote in message
I just bought a replacement black 48 cartridge for my Lexmark Z705 Ink-jet
printer. This printer uses USB. Since the software installed does not
recognize the printer being connected, how can I "Align Cartridges"

Old January 21st 05, 05:35 AM
Brendan R. Wehrung

"Patrick Whittle" ) writes:
It was already set to USB. Thanks anyway...

I've had intermittent problems with USB, which disappeared when I took
Lexmark's suggestion and conected to a USB port on the computer and not
via a hub. Something to do with the little bit of extra voltage making
communication more secure, I think.

Brendan

"BruceM" wrote in message
Sounds like the usual problem that some people confront when they migrate
from parallel port to USB port printers.
I presume you're on XP so go to
START
PRINTERS & FAXES
right click & select properties for the printer.
Click on PORTS
Make sure you select USB & not LPT or COM port.
Any better?

"Patrick Whittle" wrote in message
I just bought a replacement black 48 cartridge for my Lexmark Z705
Ink-jet
printer. This printer uses USB. Since the software installed does not
recognize the printer being connected, how can I "Align Cartridges"

wanted: service manuals ricoh FutureChild Printers 14 March 30th 05 07:25 PM
Lexmark printer X5250 . . . check for spyware? Dave C. Homebuilt PC's 7 November 10th 04 04:15 AM
Lexmark printers :( Steve Printers 2 April 1st 04 08:22 PM
Lexmark Disappointment John E. Flatley, Jr. Printers 2 November 1st 03 08:53 PM
Lexmark Disappointment John E. Flatley, Jr. Printers 0 October 31st 03 10:14 PM