233MHz+ FSB settings dont work on KV8-Max3!?

Old October 26th 03, 01:45 AM
Matt Simis

Default 233MHz+ FSB settings dont work on KV8-Max3!?

Hi,

Got a KV8-Max3 a couple of days ago and am having a few problems.

Firstly, my KingMax PC3500 ram doesnt work at even DDR400 speeds in it. I
put in my old TwinMos 3200 and its fine.
Then I noticed it was shipped with the .14 bios, while Abits website
indicates that *.15* is the latest. Ive updated, but is makes me worried
that Ive received an early HW revision, which leads onto..:

The main problem is that the settings for 233MHz+ FSB dont appear to work. I
can get to 232MHz (at 38MHz PCI afaik), the new divider comes into play at
233 (ie that would be at 33MHz PCI) but upon setting 233MHz FSB the system
wont boot. I get a beep error code similar to the no memory one.

Im using a Prometeia super cooler, so heats not a problem, Ive tried various
voltages and LDT speed options, slowed down the ram, and now Im out of
ideas.

Any suggestions?

Matt