How to do a SFC /SCANNOW in an ACER C-110-CT Tablet PC?

Old June 16th 04, 05:54 PM
Juan I. Cahis

Default How to do a SFC /SCANNOW in an ACER C-110-CT Tablet PC?

Dear friends:

How to do a SFC /SCANNOW in an ACER C-110-CT Tablet PC?

If I do it, it asks for the SP1 CD, but as I understand, the SP1 is
originally embedded in the Operating System, as it is supplied by
ACER, and as it shows when you right-click "My Computer".

Any hint?

Thanks
Juan I. Cahis
Santiago de Chile (South America)
Note: Please forgive me for my bad English, I am trying to improve it!
Old June 17th 04, 07:17 AM
michel.[pas]carrere-[de]gee[spam]

Juan I. Cahis a écrit :
Dear friends:

How to do a SFC /SCANNOW in an ACER C-110-CT Tablet PC?

If I do it, it asks for the SP1 CD, but as I understand, the SP1 is
originally embedded in the Operating System, as it is supplied by
ACER, and as it shows when you right-click "My Computer".

I have similar problem with a Travelmate 243:
the embedded OS is XP-Home + SP1 and it ask for XP-Pro Sp1 cd !!

Michel
Old June 17th 04, 12:16 PM
Pen

Just put the XP CD in the drive. It should be a SP1
version.

"michel.[pas]carrere-[de]gee[spam]"
wrote in message
Dear friends:

Old June 17th 04, 05:35 PM
Juan I. Cahis

It seems to me that the solution goes with the following posting that
I found in another group, here is it:

Can I just mention that there are three Registry keys that will help
resolve the SFC problem. This applies if you copy your i386
folder to a hard drive and assumes C:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Setup]
CDInstall 0
SourcePath C:\
ServicePackSourcePath C:\

If you've copied the i386 or ServicePackFiles to a different
partition, then change the letter appropriately.

In the case of my ACER Tablet PC, both keys that they sould have had
"C:\", they had "A:\".

"michel.[pas]carrere-[de]gee[spam]"
wrote:

Juan I. Cahis a =E9crit :
Dear friends:
=20

Old June 17th 04, 05:37 PM
Juan I. Cahis

The problem is that ACER doesn't supply any XP CD with the C-110-TC,
only the CDs with the *images* of the originally loaded hard disk.

"Pen" wrote:

Just put the XP CD in the drive. It should be a SP1
version.

"michel.[pas]carrere-[de]gee[spam]"
wrote in message
Juan I. Cahis a =E9crit :