6600GT AGP, 4 now offered at newegg

Old December 18th 04, 02:33 AM
Anthony

xpcgear has them they just gonna wait till everyone cancels thier orders
before they say thier for sale. I am never canceling even if its 10 years
from now. I wonder if I e-mailed leadtek if they could tlel me if xpcgear
ever got some in hmmmm

Anthony

"DaveL" wrote in message
"Rich Webb" wrote in message
On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 17:41:27 -0600, "Anthony"
wrote:

Well, AFAIK none of the other major on-line retailers have Leadteks for
any price (although some have started to show them in their catalogs) so
it would be hard to convince the FTC that they have been sitting on a
crate of the cards for a month but refusing to sell them. It's unlikely
that the FTC could compel them to sell the cards even if they were
sitting in their warehouse.

I was skimming through todays Fry's Electronics ad in the paper and they
have them in stock and selling for $229.99. This is for the Leadtek
6600GT
AGP !!! So we should start to see them everywhere soon, including
xpcgear.

DaveL

Old December 18th 04, 03:36 AM
Rich Webb

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 20:33:43 -0600, "Anthony"
wrote:

xpcgear has them they just gonna wait till everyone cancels thier orders
before they say thier for sale. I am never canceling even if its 10 years
from now. I wonder if I e-mailed leadtek if they could tlel me if xpcgear
ever got some in hmmmm

Anthony, they are not obligated to sell it to you at that price if it
was a typo (the web page coding slave hit the "1" key instead of the
"2" key).

If they had debited your credit card then you might have stronger
grounds... except for the other wording on their terms and conditions
page which you had asserted that you had agreed to by placing the order.

A year (six months? 18 months?) from now, when the street price drops to
the $150 range... I guess you could wait that long.

--
Rich Webb Norfolk, VA
Old December 18th 04, 04:48 AM
Anthony

Legally thier obligated to sell me it at the price that was advertised.
Just casue they have a disclaminer dont make it right. They can try and
cover their road but in the end its all about the lawyers and about the
customer. and going by the FTC page the disclaimer dont matter. and going by
a lawyer I am currently talking to about it typos are thier fault not mine
and I am not obligated to "guess " at prices.

Old December 18th 04, 05:35 AM
J. Clarke

....D. wrote:

Hey. I thought those were in stock but apparently not.

However, here I found 8 manufacturers of the 6600GT AGP and it says "buy
now" (I going to try to buy one in a minute, after I post this message).

Now, the page listing is tricky I can't save it. It is at:

http://www.pricewatch.com/

You must type into the search engine "660GT agp". because if you only
type in "6600GT" It shows 16 6600GT brands, all PCIE models.

"type"? Click "video cards" and then select "nvidia 6600 GT" for the
chipset and "AGP 8x/4x" for the interface.

------------------------------
On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 12:58:42 -0500, "Tim" wrote:

"...D." wrote in message
. ..
On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 09:02:51 -0800, ...D.
wrote:

Four 6600GT AGP moldels now offered at newegg online. Getting
cheaper,at
$224. The most expensive XFX is $240.

http://www.newegg.com/app/SearchProd...ult.asp?DEPA=0

Thanks for the link! Once it's in stock that Leadtek will be mine ;-)

...D.

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)
Old December 18th 04, 06:02 AM
PRIVATE1964

That's good because more competition will bring the price down faster.
Old December 18th 04, 06:03 AM
PRIVATE1964

I still dont see the point of them charging 240.50 for the xfx 6600 gt card
why the 50cents it went from 240.00 to 240.50 in like a few days its kind of
funny if u ask me

Anthony

Maybe they have a computer controlling increases, based on certain factors.

Old December 18th 04, 06:08 AM
PRIVATE1964

New laws in some states require sales tax if they have a store in ur state.

I think that is true for every state. If they have a branch store in your state
or are located in your state have to charge you sales tax.

Old December 18th 04, 06:14 AM
PRIVATE1964

I see then, that if it is a California law & not a Federal law,

I think it is a federal law. States are also getting ****ed off by people
buying off the internet that are not charged any tax.

I live in Rhode Island and our state law requires us to report purchases we
made on our state income tax that we didn't pay any sales tax on. They call it
the use tax or something like that.

No one reports anything, because It would cost them too much to go after
everyone. They might do it if it was a large purchase though.

Old December 18th 04, 02:02 PM
Rich Webb

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 22:48:56 -0600, "Anthony"
wrote:

Legally thier obligated to sell me it at the price that was advertised.
Just casue they have a disclaminer dont make it right. They can try and
cover their road but in the end its all about the lawyers and about the
customer. and going by the FTC page the disclaimer dont matter. and going by
a lawyer I am currently talking to about it typos are thier fault not mine
and I am not obligated to "guess " at prices.

Whatever. When you show up at the attorney's office, be sure to bring a
copy of http://www.xpcgear.com/info.html. You have read it, haven't you?

--
Rich Webb Norfolk, VA
Old December 18th 04, 03:09 PM
Anthony

probobly so I thought it was funny though to see it go up a whole 50 cents
lol stil think 240.50 is pricey though when others are selling it for 10-20
bucks cheaper