6600GT & svga-out question (& wireless ?)

Old December 11th 04, 08:45 PM
...D.

Default 6600GT & svga-out question (& wireless ?)

Since I am probably going to buy a 6600 GT for the gaming ability, I'd
like to know about the video out - I seem to remember the specs as having
svga-out fir a TV hookup. Does this mean I can play a nice HD .avi movie
or TV show & watch it on a TV? If so, will it look good on a 36 inch TV?
----
Finally & separate question (kinda) what are the options nowadays to get a
video out of my computer, wireless to a TV in another room? All I can
find online is old tech crap & bizarre prices, & not really informing me
as to what I need to know. If it helps any, I do have set up a wireless
home network, though only wireless B (11 Mbps - not fast enough for
video) - but if it helped, wireless G 108 Mbps is pretty cheap now, and I
might upgrade.

So - either get the svga signal from the 6600GT to the TV wireless, or use
a wireless G 108 Mbps router to get an .avi video file out of the
computer, and into some kind of receiver/converter & into the TV.

Thanks..

...D.
Old December 11th 04, 10:28 PM
First of One

"...D." wrote in message
Since I am probably going to buy a 6600 GT for the gaming ability, I'd
like to know about the video out - I seem to remember the specs as having
svga-out fir a TV hookup. Does this mean I can play a nice HD .avi movie
or TV show & watch it on a TV? If so, will it look good on a 36 inch TV?

Yes, and it will look pretty good, about DVD quality. You will also have to
get the audio output from the sound card and either plug it into the TV or
into a hi-fi receiver.

So - either get the svga signal from the 6600GT to the TV wireless, or use
a wireless G 108 Mbps router to get an .avi video file out of the
computer, and into some kind of receiver/converter & into the TV.

The "receiver/converter" will have to be a computer... Really, there's no
cheap way around lugging some PC-sized equipment to the TV.

Old December 12th 04, 10:26 AM
Spack

"First of One" wrote in message
"...D." wrote in message
So - either get the svga signal from the 6600GT to the TV wireless, or
use
a wireless G 108 Mbps router to get an .avi video file out of the
computer, and into some kind of receiver/converter & into the TV.

The "receiver/converter" will have to be a computer... Really, there's no
cheap way around lugging some PC-sized equipment to the TV.

Or get an AV digisender - I use one with my PC and it works fine.

Dan

Wireless Chris Stolworthy General 2 October 14th 04 11:54 PM
Wireless Router/Bridge Chamander General 4 July 25th 04 02:49 AM
Wireless Question Jim T. General 4 December 4th 03 04:58 PM
Microsoft Wireless Problem Muttly General 0 November 1st 03 09:00 PM
question about Dexxa Wireless Optical Mouse Marcel Verduyn General 2 October 6th 03 10:14 PM