Looking for suggestions on building a 'dream' computer

Old August 24th 04, 06:14 AM
Onideus Mad Hatter

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 05:09:33 GMT, "Brad" wrote:

My suggestion is don't get a PC, get a server.

...huh?

How would a "server" NOT be a PC? Well I suppose if you setup a Mac as a

server...

PC is 'Personal Computer'. A server is typically meant to be used by many
and not 'personal' usage.

Sometimes the terminology can cause a bit of misunderstanding

I usually think of PC as meaning an IBM compatible machine as opposed to a Mac.

--

Onideus Mad Hatter
mhm ¹ x ¹
Old August 24th 04, 06:40 AM
Brad

You know the thing of it is, it's like you're trying to build "OMG WTF TEH
MOST POWERFUL SYSTEM
EVAR"

I said 'king of the block for awhile', meaning 'above average among the
local populace'...not 'most powerful ever' Theres a very big difference.
Its apparent that you dont understand

For the computer knowledgable and savvy people.

You should have moved on after reading that part, Ordinaryus

Im looking for some knowledge that you contributed none of so go 'shake
head' elsewhere

Old August 24th 04, 06:57 AM
Onideus Mad Hatter

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 05:40:59 GMT, "Brad" wrote:

You know the thing of it is, it's like you're trying to build "OMG WTF TEH MOST POWERFUL SYSTEM
EVAR"

I said 'king of the block for awhile', meaning 'above average among the
local populace'...not 'most powerful ever' Theres a very big difference.
Its apparent that you dont understand

I understand full well that you're confused on the difference between style and function. There is
no sense in buying more computer than what you need, it's not a ****ing sports car, Junior.

For the computer knowledgable and savvy people.

You should have moved on after reading that part, Ordinaryus

Im looking for some knowledge that you contributed none of so go 'shake
head' elsewhere

Yer not altogether that bright, are ya? Certainly you don't seem to even recognize who I am. I can
assure you though, child, I have plenty of experience and knowledge in the subject, more so than
many of the people in the various groups in the froup line. Don't blame me for your stupidity, it's
not my fault that you're so sensitive you can't even take a few light hits on yer lil ego. You need
to learn to suck it up and try and understand what I said, rather than just get all defensive and
ignore it cause you don't like getting your nose rubbed in your idiocy.

Old August 24th 04, 09:06 AM
Brad

Yer not altogether that bright, are ya? Certainly you don't seem to even
recognize who I am. I can
assure you though, child, I have plenty of experience and knowledge in the

subject, more so than
many of the people in the various groups in the froup line. Don't blame

me for your stupidity, it's
not my fault that you're so sensitive you can't even take a few light hits

on yer lil ego. You need
to learn to suck it up and try and understand what I said, rather than

just get all defensive and
ignore it cause you don't like getting your nose rubbed in your idiocy.

It appears that its your ego thats taking a few hits. You figure your
someone special on the newsgroup and seem bothered that I dont know who you
are.. I don't, and nor do I give a ****. You come across as nothing but a
troll thats out to waste peoples time...Therefore I'm not interested in any
of your further comments. So run along now before your parents catch you on
their computer

Old August 24th 04, 09:39 AM
liam

**** me thats been my problem all a long, cheers for clearing that one up.

"Almeyda" wrote in message
liam ur a dick.... just cause u cant get one.

--
Almeyda

AMD2500XP @3200XP-11X200-2.21Ghz
A7N8X-E Deluxe Corsair TWINX1024 XMS3200LL DualChannel
HIS Excalibur 9800XT 256mb @463/399 (Omegas 2.5.51 & ATI tool 0.20 No
Artifacts)
1x80GB SATA Seagate 8mg cache 2x40GB ATA Seagate
SB AudigyES ANTEC SuperLanboy 350 Case (350W SmartBlue PS)

"liam" wrote in message
Here's the system I've just built

ASUS SK8V Deluxe board
FX-55
2GB PC3200 OCZ
X800 Pro (couldn't get the XT)
SoundBlaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro
2x75GB 10K Raptors
1x250GB Caviar (all SATA obviously)
Plextor DVD burner (though this will be replaced at the beginning of
next year with one of the new 8.5GB units)
Samsung combi (for convenience and when I need to burn a CD in a hurry -
it's twice as fast as the Plextor)
Coolermaster WaveMaster case
Tagan SilentPower 500W PSU (and it *IS* silent!)
Logitech iTouch combi (Bluetooth)
If you're a gamer (which you obviously are) - the you owe it to yourself
to get a MX700 or MX900 (Bluetooth) - they are the most accurate and
most responsive gaming mice currently available. Coupled with a
RatpadzGS (Gaming Surface) - they will (sorry for the advertising
cliche) take your gaming experience to a whole new level.

Whilst I'm not really a gamer (not in the sense of FPS, flight sims,
RTS, etc) I do play (OK, I guess adventures, RPGs and management don't
really count - I can't wait for /Rollercoaster Tycoon 3/ or /The Sims
2/ for example).

Just my 2p (inc. VAT)'s worth.

lose his marbles?

WTF Would you want a system like that for if you don't use it for FPS or
Flight Sims/Racing Sims.

What Frame Rate do you get with Solitare ?
Do you suffer from Lag with Internet Hearts.?

Why don't you get an 8 Meg Bonded SDSL connection for your e-mail. ?

Have you got some £2.50 headphones for your soundblaster ?

How's the 14" Monitor running at 640 * 480 ?

What a fookin Tosser you are ?

Old August 24th 04, 09:39 AM
Onideus Mad Hatter

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 08:06:40 GMT, "Brad" wrote:

Yer not altogether that bright, are ya? Certainly you don't seem to even

recognize who I am. I can
assure you though, child, I have plenty of experience and knowledge in the

subject, more so than
many of the people in the various groups in the froup line. Don't blame

me for your stupidity, it's
not my fault that you're so sensitive you can't even take a few light hits

on yer lil ego. You need
to learn to suck it up and try and understand what I said, rather than

just get all defensive and
ignore it cause you don't like getting your nose rubbed in your idiocy.

It appears that its your ego thats taking a few hits.

Oh look, you're so ****ing deficient you're stealing material out of my last post. Not much for
originality, are you retard?

You figure your someone special on the newsgroup

"the" newsgroup? In case your dumbass just didn't realize it, you're crossposting to nearly half a
dozen different groups...not that it matters, my name carries meaning in one form or another in just
about any Usenet group.

and seem bothered that I dont know who you are..

You confuse "bothered" with "entertained".

I don't, and nor do I give a ****.

Now ya see, that would be your lil problem, not mine. ^_^

You come across as nothing but a troll thats out to waste peoples time...

A troll, eh? Well to some groups, yes, I suppose you might be able to call me that. Usually though
that title is used an excuse when one wants to try and save face and hide from the fact that they're
far too stupid to match wits against me. A troll perhaps...but if so I'm one of the only one's
online who uses hard facts and my targets own sheer ****ing stupidity to do it with.

Therefore I'm not interested in any of your further comments.

Awww, are you gonna run away? He, he, he...wouldn't surprise me. At this point your dumbass
certainly has to realize just how far in over your lil pointy head you are and you obviously want to
find the quickest way out...too bad you're too gawd damn stupid to just "let it go", huh? Have to
try and get the last word in and all like that, eh?

So run along now before your parents catch you on their computer

WOW, boy I've never seen THAT before. What's next, Junior, are ya gonna start screaming about
people living in their parents basement? Or maybe about how you hate homosexuals? Or maybe you
just wanna stomp your lil feet up and down and tell me all about how your daddy makes more money
than my daddy...*snicker*...you're ****ing pathetic. If I were you I'd get the **** off Usenet
before you realize just how gut wrenchingly deficient you really are.

Oh and good luck with your $6,000 over compensation, I'm sure it's not because you're insecure and
you have a tiny little penis or anything. `, )

Old August 24th 04, 09:40 AM
Brad

What are you doing with this system? 6000 is a nice gaming rig, but you
aren't going to get anything astronomical for that price.

Im doing a fair amount of video work and compiling from my office in my home
( in the home hence to why i want to add onto it to make it an excellent
gamer system). The computer is to be paid by the company as a business
expense, and Im able to acquire whatever system I feel is necessary. Any
overkill is just a nice extra bonus seeing that it wont cost me anything.

Fastest 64 bit AMD, good motherboard with whatever hookups you want on
it, a case, a cooling solution (water or whatever), 2 gigs of ram, a few
Western Digital 10000 rpm raptor drives, a few 250-300 gig backup
drives, 16x dual layer dvd burner, whichever vidcard you are attached to
(uber6800 or uberx800... both of which have dual outputs you can run
monitors from), an audigy 2 if you hate onboard audio, a set of digital
speakers (logitech or klipsch), an ati or pinnacle capture card for your
cable, and a few LCD monitors... Those would actually break your budget.

But that's what a normal 6000 system looks like.

Old August 24th 04, 09:53 AM
Brad

http://mentalhelp.net/

Old August 24th 04, 09:57 AM
Onideus Mad Hatter

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 08:40:13 GMT, "Brad" wrote:

What are you doing with this system? 6000 is a nice gaming rig, but you
aren't going to get anything astronomical for that price.

Im doing a fair amount of video work

*snicker*

Junior here thinks he's an encoder now, eh? So just what have you encoded? What's yer distribution
format of choice? Care to share with the class about your preferred video encoding methodology?
^_^

and compiling from my office in my home
( in the home hence to why i want to add onto it to make it an excellent
gamer system). The computer is to be paid by the company as a business
expense, and Im able to acquire whatever system I feel is necessary. Any
overkill is just a nice extra bonus seeing that it wont cost me anything.

You know Brad, considering that your headers are kind of um...well let's just say you're the Usenet
equivalent of butt nekkid at the moment, don't you think it might be kind of stupid of you to go
around saying all this **** about how your place of employment is paying for this new system that
you're purposefully over pricing so that you can play games on it? *shrugs* Just seems kind of
um...retarded, dontcha think?

Old August 24th 04, 09:59 AM
Onideus Mad Hatter

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 08:53:32 GMT, "Brad" wrote:

http://mentalhelp.net/

http://www.backwater-productions.net...es/dumbass.jpg