How long PNY service, and their warranty is very misleading.

Old November 11th 03, 04:27 PM
Fred

Default How long PNY service, and their warranty is very misleading.

My PNY Verto TI4200 went bad after 10 months.
I managed to get an RMA for return. Two weeks later and nothing. And no
replies about status of RMA.

All should note that the outside of their boxes says "Lifetime Warranty".
Then you get on their website and it says the "lifetime" is the lifetime of
the product while it is on the market. ??????? That means, if they no
longer sell them, you no longer have a warranty. That is misleading.
I got mine in under the wire, as it was on their website when I applied for
the RMA. Now they are gone from their new product website, so no more
warranty.

Beware PNY Verto. If you get one of this brand, be sure to get retail
extended warranty.

Old November 11th 03, 08:01 PM

Send them an email and there are other avenues you can try. False
advertising is mail fraud so you can have this investigated, report PNY to
the better business bureau, write their home office in Asia.

regards

Old November 11th 03, 11:38 PM
phobos

Fred wrote:

My PNY Verto TI4200 went bad after 10 months.
I managed to get an RMA for return. Two weeks later and nothing. And no
replies about status of RMA.

All should note that the outside of their boxes says "Lifetime Warranty".
Then you get on their website and it says the "lifetime" is the lifetime of
the product while it is on the market. ??????? That means, if they no
longer sell them, you no longer have a warranty. That is misleading.
I got mine in under the wire, as it was on their website when I applied for
the RMA. Now they are gone from their new product website, so no more
warranty.

Beware PNY Verto. If you get one of this brand, be sure to get retail
extended warranty.

YOU DID send via an insured/trackable carrier like Airborne Express,
Fedex, etc.? RIGHT??? What about a cross ship agreement? Do you still
have the card? I hope you're not saying it's gone and never heard from
again. (Cuz that sucks : )

Old November 12th 03, 08:42 AM
Fred

I tried other brands when I first built my computer. My system only
installed easily with PNY Verto cards. ATI was my first choice, but had
problems. I think because of my motherboard chipset (duh, nvidia too).

When the TI4200 failed I tried a Geforce FX 5200. That was intolerably
slow. Put in a 5900 by PNY. Works great. This time I got the COMPUSA 2
year TAP.

If you don't get an extended warranty, I cannot recommend PNY Verto.

When you look at their unopened box, it says "Lifetime warranty" on the
outside only. When you get into the box and open the stuff, it tells you
the bad news about the lifetime warranty, a real shaft. By then it is
opened, and you may have a restocking fee.

Old November 13th 03, 01:00 AM
Ian Carmichael

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 10:27:22 -0500, "Fred"
wrote:

Hi Fred,

My PNY Verto TI4200 went bad after 10 months.
I managed to get an RMA for return. Two weeks later and nothing. And no
replies about status of RMA.

All should note that the outside of their boxes says "Lifetime Warranty".
Then you get on their website and it says the "lifetime" is the lifetime of
the product while it is on the market. ??????? That means, if they no
longer sell them, you no longer have a warranty. That is misleading.
I got mine in under the wire, as it was on their website when I applied for
the RMA. Now they are gone from their new product website, so no more
warranty.

Beware PNY Verto. If you get one of this brand, be sure to get retail
extended warranty.

You didn't think that PNY was going to warrent their product till you
reached the ripe old age of 96 did you. If you bought the product on
that premis more fool you.
Old November 13th 03, 04:19 AM
tq96

You didn't think that PNY was going to warrent their product till you
reached the ripe old age of 96 did you. If you bought the product on
that premis more fool you.

When people see "lifetime warranty" they typically think "this thing will
be under warranty until I choose to replace it with something because of
better features/performance."

Advertising a "lifetime warranty" only to arbitrarily pick a lifetime is
false adverstising. If the "lifetime" will be 2 years, then they should
advertise a two year warranty.

If it's true that PNY defines the lifetime as the time the card is actively
marketed, then getting a PNY card is worse than buying from someone else
who offers only a one year warranty. What if someone picks up a PNY card
on clearance and has problems after two months? Since the card is no
longer being marketed (that's why it was on clearance), is this person SOL?
Old November 15th 03, 01:46 AM
Steve Midgley

"Fred" wrote in message
My PNY Verto TI4200 went bad after 10 months.
I managed to get an RMA for return. Two weeks later and nothing. And no
replies about status of RMA.

All should note that the outside of their boxes says "Lifetime Warranty".
Then you get on their website and it says the "lifetime" is the lifetime

of
the product while it is on the market. ??????? That means, if they no
longer sell them, you no longer have a warranty. That is misleading.
I got mine in under the wire, as it was on their website when I applied

for
the RMA. Now they are gone from their new product website, so no more
warranty.

Beware PNY Verto. If you get one of this brand, be sure to get retail
extended warranty.

I had the same card go bad after about the same amount of time. It took
about four months to get a replacement from PNY. The replacement was a
Ti4200 but it was nothing like the one that went bad (different color, no
ducting on the fan, etc.) - it looks to me like a Chaintech card with a PNY
sticker on the fan. It is AGP8X where the original was 4x and works OK,
though.

SCM

Old November 17th 03, 05:07 AM
Roscoe Pendoscoe

On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 00:46:35 GMT, "Steve Midgley"
wrote:

"Fred" wrote in message
[...]

I had exactly the same thing with my 4200.

Did get anew one and it also is different than my first one.

ATI next time.