Chaintech Ti4200 question

Old July 12th 03, 04:50 AM
Scott King

Default Chaintech Ti4200 question

Anyone have a problem with chaintech. I'm considering buying one and was
wondering about how well this card installs/performs compared to others.

Any and all advise is greatly appreciated.

Scott King

Old July 12th 03, 08:51 AM
laredo

hello,
i have an msi like dave, and i can not boot, system restart every 4 minutes
i think that it is a problem with the cpu ( too OC).
Regards.

"Lynch" wrote in message
. net...
I'll second the MSI card. I have the same one and couldn't be happier

with
it.
"Dave" wrote in message
I don't have a chaintech but I just thought I would put in a plug for

MSI.
I have an MSI 128MB 8x ti4200 with VIVO. It is a sweet card with

excellent
cooling. It has a massive heatsink on it which cools not only the gpu

but
also the ram chips. Best of all it's almost silent. Oh, one more

thing.
It came with a great bundle of games including full version of Morowind,
Duke Nukem, Ghost Recon and a host of other games and utilities. I

think
paid about $135 for it.
Dave

.. .

Old July 12th 03, 03:51 PM
Scott King

Thanks for the input Dave and lynch. Both Chaintech and MSI make
motherboards and both are Taiwanese manufacturers. I'm thinking of
purchasing this one used, but I didn't want to buy it if there are issues
such as drivers and support from the manufacturer.

thanks again to all that responded!

Scott
Old July 13th 03, 01:49 AM
LiveWire

I'd swear
the picture quality isn't quite as good as the Vicente GIFT.

LOL!! I should probably pay more attention the next time I use the spell
check, eh?

--
LiveWire

Old July 13th 03, 01:59 AM
LiveWire

Along with my MSI ti4200 that I mentioned, I also have a Visiontek GF3 on
another pc. It's funny you mentioned a problem with the fan. Mine was
obnoxiously loud right out of the box. I modded it by soldering a 1k
resistor in series because it's piercing noise could make a dog howl.
Slowing it down made all the difference and will also extend it's life.

What about the image quality between the two cards? Do you notice any
difference?

--
LiveWire

Old July 13th 03, 03:26 AM
Scott King

Thanks LiveWire...great input.

"LiveWire" wrote in message
Anyone have a problem with chaintech. I'm considering buying one and

was
wondering about how well this card installs/performs compared to others.

Any and all advise is greatly appreciated.

I upgraded my VisionTek GF3 TI200 to the Chaintech GF4 TI4200 almost a

year
ago. Didn't experience any installation problems, and while there was
definitely an increase in performance with the few games I play, I'd swear
the picture quality isn't quite as good as the Vicente GIFT. Don't get me
wrong though, the image quality is very good, but just not as sharp or
something. Has anybody else experienced that with a similar upgrade?

The fan failed within a couple of months on the VisionTek GF3, so I
installed the Zalman Kit on it, which worked out well. Because of that
experience, I have another Zalman kit just waiting for the Chaintech fan

fail, but it isn't showing any signs of giving up anytime soon.

Overall, I'm pretty pleased with the card and can recommend it without
reservation.

--
LiveWire