Houston we have a problem ?! No HDMI on TRX40 motherboards ?!

Old November 9th 19, 02:41 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
[email protected]

Default Houston we have a problem ?! No HDMI on TRX40 motherboards ?!

EEEEEEEHHHHH.

Seen one TRX40 motherboard from gigabyte extreme edition and one from asus rog... both do not have HDMI ?! WTF ?!? (Check youtube)

I am looking forward to having HDMI on my new computer and now the horror is the new threadripper 3 motherboards DON'T HAVE HDMI connectors ?!

WTF ?!

How I am supposed to connect my PC to receiver for 7.1 digital audio ?!

HDMI is only connection that can do it beautifully ?!

WTF ?!

Big oversight it seems on motherboard designers ?!

WOW.

BUY YOURSELF a DENON 7.1 Receiver or any other brand, hook it up to 7 speakers and 1 subwoofer.

And use a LAPTOP for HDMI connection to receiver.

AND TELL ME THAT IS NOT AWESOME ! =D

So now a LAPTOP can do better audio than a THREADRIPPER 3 ?!

THIS IS HELL COMING DOWN TO EARTH.

Hopefully Creative Labs has some HDMI audio extensions cards ?!

This will obstruct airflow somewhat to graphics cards so now WE ARE BACK IN 2006 ! or worse.

Anyway, another possibility I can think of is Graphics Cards HDMI connectors, maybe a dual HDMI graphics card or one with an unused slow could be used.

But again this is not ideal and puts some pressure on purchasing just the correct graphics card ?!

(SPDIF/toslink fiber optic is only 2 channel stereo, 5.1 with dolby crap, not good enough)

Bye for now,
Skybuck.
Old November 9th 19, 02:46 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
[email protected]

The irony of this website:

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/Creator-TRX40

At the bottom of the website it says HDMI logo and such.

But this motherboard also HAS NO HDMI CONNECTOR ON BACKPLATE ?!

OH MY GOD ?! WTF ?!

Bye,
Skybuck.
Old November 9th 19, 02:55 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
[email protected]

Damn for those still living in the stone age of audio, check out this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOvryfyX7GI

It uses a graphics card to connect to the receiver.

This is not ideal.

During booting of PC it will get confused and might not understand which is the primary display and the boot screen might not show, like boot options, press F2 to go into boot menu or bios options.

To be able to see this text it might be required to pull out the hdmi cable to the receiver. ?!

Bye for now,
Skybuck.

Old November 10th 19, 01:03 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Paul[_28_]

wrote:
EEEEEEEHHHHH.

Seen one TRX40 motherboard from gigabyte extreme edition
and one from asus rog... both do not have HDMI ?!

You use your plugin video card for the HDMI.

That's a HEDT product, and neither the motherboard
nor the processor are "cheap".

Even on regular desktop products you may have the same issue.

Even a Ryzen could be a good choice for a gamer.

https://www.techspot.com/news/82416-...re-strike.html

On this X570 board, you can see an HDMI connector, but
the block diagram from the Gigabyte designer shows the
connector is not driven by the X570, but is driven by
the CPU. Only "APU"-type processors with "Radeon Graphics"
will enable the HDMI to work. For a Ryzen 3950X ($750),
the HDMI output would not work, because that CPU
is not an APU.

https://www.anandtech.com/show/14657...erboard-review

Your video card is the right solution, for expensive
or high clock systems. APUs are for cheap desktops.

Paul
Old November 12th 19, 11:25 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
[email protected]

On Sunday, November 10, 2019 at 2:03:06 AM UTC+1, Paul wrote:
wrote:
EEEEEEEHHHHH.

Seen one TRX40 motherboard from gigabyte extreme edition
and one from asus rog... both do not have HDMI ?!

You use your plugin video card for the HDMI.

This is the part that scares me, what if HDMI will be considered obsolete by nvidia for example and this port disappears ?!

We would need a new audio cable technology that rivals are surpasses HDMI audio.

That's a HEDT product, and neither the motherboard
nor the processor are "cheap".

Even on regular desktop products you may have the same issue.

Even a Ryzen could be a good choice for a gamer.

https://www.techspot.com/news/82416-...re-strike.html

On this X570 board, you can see an HDMI connector, but
the block diagram from the Gigabyte designer shows the
connector is not driven by the X570, but is driven by
the CPU. Only "APU"-type processors with "Radeon Graphics"
will enable the HDMI to work. For a Ryzen 3950X ($750),
the HDMI output would not work, because that CPU
is not an APU.

https://www.anandtech.com/show/14657...erboard-review

Your video card is the right solution, for expensive
or high clock systems. APUs are for cheap desktops.

This is where APU's become a bit more interesting.

However adding some audio chip to motherboard shouldn't be that big of a deal...

So this is where audio land is now a bit weird in electronics/cpu/motherboard land.

Bye for now,
Skybuck.