Alien Isolation crashes during hickup/slowdown (sound system crash suspected).

Old October 10th 14, 07:50 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia.programming,comp.games.development.programming.algorithms
Skybuck Flying[_4_]

Default Alien Isolation crashes during hickup/slowdown (sound system crash suspected).

Hello,

I have not yet seen a fix for this game, so I thought I report this problem:

The game seems to crash when there is a hickup/slowdown during playing.

I suspect it's sound system related.

The PC is too slow to keep up and something sound-related causes a crash.

"Alien Isolation has stopped working".

It also involves movement, for example bumping into a railing might trigger
it.

Or enemies shooting at me.

Sometimes just walking around seems to trigger it as well but this could be
the footstep sounds again causing the sound system to crash.

(Full dynamic range was the sound setting, perhaps changing this setting
might help prevent crashes).

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old October 14th 14, 10:02 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia.programming,comp.games.development.programming.algorithms
Skybuck Flying[_4_]

I tried it, doesn't seem to help.

I did not install any directx or sdk crap from that game, cause the system
already has that and their game crap sdks looked old to me.

Maybe that has something to do with crashes.

Or the game is just crap.

I wonder how all them noobs calling colonial marines crap will rate this new
game that crashes non-stop.

HA-HA.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old October 14th 14, 06:05 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia.programming,comp.games.development.programming.algorithms
Skybuck Flying[_4_]

Hello,

I decided to update the graphics drivers to try this once and for all nvidia
driver version 3.44.11:

344_11-desktop-win8-win7-winvista-64bit-english-whql.exe

I read on the release notes that it's optimized for alien isolation, that
could mean some fixes.

I read on the internet that this driver was supposed to cause crashes but
perhaps that's wrong and related to running in administrator mode.

I just tried these new drivers and the game doesn't seem to crash anymore,
so that's good news, or maybe it was a fluke of luck, tomorrow I will try to
play the game extensively and see how it goes and report back, fingers
crossed for now

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old October 15th 14, 12:05 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia.programming,comp.games.development.programming.algorithms
Skybuck Flying[_4_]

Well updating the driver definetly helps.

I could play much much much much longer know.

Though eventually it did crash.

But good thing...

This is one scary game =D

Gonna need a break before I start seeing aliens in reality ! LOL.

Bye,
Skybuck =D