Better Forum for nVidia

Old January 14th 14, 04:32 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
W[_3_]

Default Better Forum for nVidia

The traffic in this group is way down from its previous levels. Is there a
better place to use for nVidia forum support these days?

Old January 14th 14, 06:30 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Paul

On 1/13/2014 10:32 PM, W wrote:
The traffic in this group is way down from its previous levels. Is there a
better place to use for nVidia forum support these days?

https://forums.geforce.com/ ???

Paul

Old January 14th 14, 09:40 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Ant[_3_]

On 1/13/2014 9:30 PM PT, Paul typed:

The traffic in this group is way down from its previous levels. Is
there a
better place to use for nVidia forum support these days?

https://forums.geforce.com/ ???

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/ as well. Newsgroups aren't hot as they
used to be.
--
"If someone makes you angry, I think the thing to do is tie them down to
the ground, cover them in honey, and then release a swarm of killer ants
Old January 14th 14, 08:36 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
[email protected]

On Tue, 14 Jan 2014 00:30:58 -0500, Paul wrote:

On 1/13/2014 10:32 PM, W wrote:
The traffic in this group is way down from its previous levels. Is there a
better place to use for nVidia forum support these days?

https://forums.geforce.com/ ???

Paul

Paul,
When I go to the above site, I get the following warning that

"The security certificate presented by this website has expired or is not yet
valid"

What is the cause of this and is it safe to proceed?

charliec
Old January 14th 14, 10:05 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Paul

On 1/13/2014 10:32 PM, W wrote:
The traffic in this group is way down from its previous levels. Is there a
better place to use for nVidia forum support these days?

https://forums.geforce.com/ ???

Paul

Paul,
When I go to the above site, I get the following warning that

"The security certificate presented by this website has expired or is not yet
valid"

What is the cause of this and is it safe to proceed?

charliec

Works in Firefox, Seamonkey, and IE11. No problems.
These are recent versions, loaded on Windows 8.1.

Your browser might be the problem, somehow.

Paul

Old January 14th 14, 10:46 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
[email protected]

On 1/13/2014 10:32 PM, W wrote:
The traffic in this group is way down from its previous levels. Is there a
better place to use for nVidia forum support these days?

https://forums.geforce.com/ ???

Paul

Paul,
When I go to the above site, I get the following warning that

"The security certificate presented by this website has expired or is not yet
valid"

What is the cause of this and is it safe to proceed?

charliec

Works in Firefox, Seamonkey, and IE11. No problems.
These are recent versions, loaded on Windows 8.1.

Your browser might be the problem, somehow.

Paul

I'm on Win7, 64bit - and IEv10 - I don't get this with other sites, just this
one?

charliec
Old January 15th 14, 12:22 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Paul

On 1/13/2014 10:32 PM, W wrote:
The traffic in this group is way down from its previous levels. Is there a
better place to use for nVidia forum support these days?

https://forums.geforce.com/ ???

Paul

Paul,
When I go to the above site, I get the following warning that

"The security certificate presented by this website has expired or is not yet
valid"

What is the cause of this and is it safe to proceed?

charliec

Works in Firefox, Seamonkey, and IE11. No problems.
These are recent versions, loaded on Windows 8.1.

Your browser might be the problem, somehow.

Paul

I'm on Win7, 64bit - and IEv10 - I don't get this with other sites, just this
one?

charliec

The browser has a lock icon (somewhere). On one browser, it was to
the left of the URL entry line. On a second browser, it was in the
lower right hand corner of the browser window.

Accessing the lock icon, gives a "view certificate" thing. It shows
the certificate my browser apparently accepted to make the SSL session.

Here, shows the certificate that NVidia is using for their forum SSL
connection.

http://i43.tinypic.com/fp5t8l.gif

As I don't know what certificates are, how you can force the browser
to eat them and so on, I can't help more than that.

Paul

Old January 15th 14, 09:20 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Le Forgeron[_2_]

On 1/13/2014 10:32 PM, W wrote:
[...]

The certificate is ok, but some browser might not trust the signer.
The chains are Nvidia--RapidSSl--GeoTrust and
Nvidia--RapidSSL--GeoTrust--Equifax

Nevertheless, they use RC4 on TLS, and it's broken.
(and they honor client-initiated renegotiation, which is nice for
browsers but open the server to DoS attack)

I used the extension CipherFox on firefox to retrieve a synthetic view
of the chain. The certificate got a global A rating.

Old January 15th 14, 09:30 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Paul

On 1/13/2014 10:32 PM, W wrote:
The traffic in this group is way down from its previous levels. Is there a
better place to use for nVidia forum support these days?

https://forums.geforce.com/ ???

Paul
Paul,
When I go to the above site, I get the following warning that

"The security certificate presented by this website has expired or is not yet
valid"

What is the cause of this and is it safe to proceed?

charliec

Works in Firefox, Seamonkey, and IE11. No problems.
These are recent versions, loaded on Windows 8.1.

Your browser might be the problem, somehow.

Paul

I'm on Win7, 64bit - and IEv10 - I don't get this with other sites, just this
one?

charliec

The dates I saw listed on the certificate seemed to be OK.
So I don't know why your error message is suggesting rejection
based on date.

Paul
Old January 16th 14, 06:32 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Ant[_3_]

On 1/14/2014 11:36 AM PT, typed:

https://forums.geforce.com/ ???

Paul,
When I go to the above site, I get the following warning that

"The security certificate presented by this website has expired or is not yet
valid"

What is the cause of this and is it safe to proceed?

Is your computer's date correct? Can you try another web browser?
--
"This isn't a war. It never was a war, any more than there's war between
man and ants." --artilleryman from H.G. Wells' The War of the Worlds

About this forum. pradip030384 About this forum 0 September 20th 08 08:41 PM
a8n-e forum ed jurewicz Asus Motherboards 2 July 22nd 06 02:05 AM
new forum heven mine General 0 March 12th 06 10:35 AM
Join This Forum Gary Bolton Nvidia Videocards 0 October 26th 05 08:35 AM
SiS video forum? peter Asus Motherboards 0 September 4th 05 04:26 PM