Copying software to Acer Aspire One netbook

Old February 11th 09, 09:33 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Phil McCracken

Default Copying software to Acer Aspire One netbook

I'm attempting to install Canon Zoombrowser EX software to my Acer
Aspire One netbook computer (which does not have an optical drive).
I've set up the CDROM drive on my Dell desktop to share files over my
network and have set up the shared drive as a "Network Place" on my
netbook. I've been able to copy the Zoombrowzer EX CD files to the
hard drive of the netbook, however, when I attempt to install the
software from the "setup" icon, I get the following message on the
netbook:

"The screen resolution to execute Digital Camera Solution Disk is not
sufficient"

What do I need to do differently to get this software installed?

Old February 12th 09, 03:54 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
William R. Walsh

Hi!

"The screen resolution to execute Digital Camera Solution Disk is not
sufficient"
What do I need to do differently to get this software installed?

Well, I'd do one of two things then, depending upon how the Aspire One
behaves.

If it will let you, turn up the resolution slider in the display control
panel to something higher, like 1024x768 instead of 1024x600. This will
result in a "virtual" desktop that extends off the edges of the screen a
bit.

If you can't do that (every netbook I've seen so far could), hook up an
external monitor and then turn up the resolution to install the software.
That should fool it.

William