sound problem after "hibernation mode"

Old April 14th 07, 12:22 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer

Default sound problem after "hibernation mode"

Hi there, i've got a problem with my ASPIRE 1640 under XP home : when i wake
up my laptop after an "hibernation", i loose the sounds; it seems not to
recognize the realtek audio soundcard anymore;

the only way i found to recover it is to restart totally my computer. after
that, everything seem to be OK again, i recover the sounds... until the next
Hibernation.

i've tried to reinstall the soundcard drivers, but the problem is still
there.

Have you ever seen this problem ?
Do you know the reason of that ?
Do you know a solution ?

thanks
Nico

Old April 17th 07, 05:50 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
doS

SYMPTOMS
After you resume your computer from Standby or Sleep mode, your sound may
not work.
CAUSE
This issue may occur if your sound card uses the Aureal chipset.
RESOLUTION
To resolve this issue, please contact the manufacturer of your sound card to
inquire about the availability of updated drivers." The workaround is to
either adjust the volume or enable and then disable muting.