Who makes motherboards for Acer?

Old August 19th 07, 05:14 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
MHF

Default Who makes motherboards for Acer?

I want to remove this gelded bios (Phoenix-Award workstation bios)
Acer gives you with their PCs. I just put in some new memory and now
the Bios goes into Safemode. I would like to be able to adjust the
memory voltage settings so I can upgrade my memory. Here is my system:

Model: ASE380-UD421A

Running an ATHLON 64 X2 4200+ and soon to be installing Vista premium.
Right now I am on a blank hard disk. Acer is sending me a new system
recovery disk.

Regards

Mike

RON PAUL FOR PRESIDENT!!!!!!This guy is the real deal here folks.

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/issues/

Help secure our borders.

https://secure.responseenterprises.c...temanhq/?a=856

Old August 20th 07, 12:48 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Resca

I want to remove this gelded bios (Phoenix-Award workstation bios)
Acer gives you with their PCs. I just put in some new memory and now
the Bios goes into Safemode. I would like to be able to adjust the
memory voltage settings so I can upgrade my memory. Here is my system:

Model: ASE380-UD421A

Running an ATHLON 64 X2 4200+ and soon to be installing Vista premium.
Right now I am on a blank hard disk. Acer is sending me a new system
recovery disk.

My Asphire T671 motherboard is made by MSI. I found it thanks to a
D33008 printed between the PCI slots. This is the cross reference:

D33002 IBM-Hitachi
D33004 FOXCONN
D33005 ASUS
D33006 GIGABYTE
D33007 FIC
D33008 MSI
D33010 HIS
D33011 PowerColor-TUL
D33014 WD(old Fujistu)
D33015 WD
D33017 Hitachi-LG Optical
D33019 MAXTOR Simgapore
D33027 Seagate
D33032 Shuttle
D41039 Aopen
D33058 Chantech
D33064 DFI
D33068 Abit
D33071 MITEC
D33075 Sparkle
D33080 ????
D33083 GIGABYTE-QDI
D33088 Galaxy-FOXCONN
D33221 EPOX-CHINA
D33282 Albatron
D33171 ASMART
D31010 ASUS Old Factory
D33271 FOXCONN
D33A27 YUAN-Palit
D43136 GodenStar
D33529 Super Flower
D33108 SevenTeam
D33373 IBM-Excelstor
D41126 Logitech-SuZhou

Unfortunately it looks a board made only for ACER and no one of the very
good ser manuals fitted to my exact board, but they were of great help.

Good luck!

Old August 20th 07, 01:08 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
HH

I agree with doS. Forget about it. Very few even full featured BIOS have
memory voltage adjustments. Why not just use the appropriate memory for your
motherbnoard and be done with it?

HH

Old January 30th 08, 04:52 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
scismgenie[_2_]

MHF;252811 Wrote:
I want to remove this gelded bios (Phoenix-Award workstation bios)
Acer gives you with their PCs. I just put in some new memory and now
the Bios goes into Safemode. I would like to be able to adjust the
memory voltage settings so I can upgrade my memory. Here is my system:

Model: ASE380-UD421A

Running an ATHLON 64 X2 4200+ and soon to be installing Vista premium.
Right now I am on a blank hard disk. Acer is sending me a new system
recovery disk.

Regards

Mike

'Acer Aspire ASE380-UD421A Memory Upgrades '
(http://www.edgetechcorp.com/memory/u....asp?cid=31884) has 1 gig
sticks that work in the ACER 380, and reduced to about $30 each. The
ACER has a max capacity of 4 gigs RAM. It comes with 2 512 sticks.

Old January 30th 08, 04:45 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
HH

No go on changing the BIOS. Ain't gonna happen.

HH

"scismgenie" wrote in message

MHF;252811 Wrote:
I want to remove this gelded bios (Phoenix-Award workstation bios)
Acer gives you with their PCs. I just put in some new memory and now
the Bios goes into Safemode. I would like to be able to adjust the
memory voltage settings so I can upgrade my memory. Here is my system:

Model: ASE380-UD421A

Running an ATHLON 64 X2 4200+ and soon to be installing Vista premium.
Right now I am on a blank hard disk. Acer is sending me a new system
recovery disk.

Regards

Mike

'Acer Aspire ASE380-UD421A Memory Upgrades '
(http://www.edgetechcorp.com/memory/u....asp?cid=31884) has 1 gig
sticks that work in the ACER 380, and reduced to about $30 each. The
ACER has a max capacity of 4 gigs RAM. It comes with 2 512 sticks.

Need Acer eRecovery for Acer Aspire E300! Jongfa Acer Computers 0 July 29th 06 03:04 AM
Who makes the ink? Volker Greulich Printers 3 February 1st 04 01:29 AM
Who makes it? JMC Cdr 2 December 7th 03 06:10 AM
So many makes... Pete Overclocking 7 November 9th 03 06:29 PM