Dual Head w/ NVidia GF 7300 GS 512 MB

Old April 19th 07, 04:16 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
[email protected]

Default Dual Head w/ NVidia GF 7300 GS 512 MB

I have a Dell XPS 200, that dual boots WinXP and SLED 10. 2.5 GB RAM,
Pentium D Dual Core.

I added an NVidia GeoForce 7300 GS w/ 512 MB RAM PCI-Express and a 24"
Widescreen Monitor. The DVI-D looks fabulous on it, in both Windows
and Linux (better in Linux, of course).

I'm trying to get the 2nd monitor output to work, and I'm not having
any luck. The NVidia control panel detects the monitor, but the
telltale light on the monitor flashes, and then the monotor goes into
powersave. It's a Dell 21" analog CRT.

I have checked the cabling twice. The VGA adapter has the red cable
going to pin 1 on the 7300 adapter. All the connections are solid.

I get the same result in both Windows and Linux.

I run the DVI-D interface at 1920x1280, and want to run the VGA at
1600x1200.

In nView I setup Dual View with the aforementioned attributes, and on
the 2nd monitor, I don't even get the scanning for input dialog.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Doug

Old April 19th 07, 02:34 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
[email protected]

The label on the box says it's a:

GF 7300 GS Supporting 512 MB DDR2 TV DVI PCI-E
Ver2.1 Warranty 9/06

Thanks

Doug

On Apr 18, 10:32 pm, Paul wrote:
wrote:
[...]

What exact brand and model number of video card ?

There are 21 different 7300GS cards listed on Newegg, so it would be
nice to narrow it down a bit.

Paul