Problem during POST on AV8 3rd-eye

Old November 4th 04, 07:52 PM
Abaddon

Default Problem during POST on AV8 3rd-eye

I have just built my first computer and everything was going fine,
until I went to turn the damn thing on. When the power was switched on
at the mains the diagnostic LEDs displayed 02. When I switched the
machine on (or tried to) it showed 83 and then went to 9C shortly
after.

My system spec is as follows:
AMD Athlon64 3500+ (939 pin)
Corsair TwinX 3200XLPRO 2x512MB Dual-DDR
XFX GeForce 6800GT
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS 7.1
Western Digital 74GB 10,000rpm Raptor HDD
Plextor PX-116A 16x/48x DVD-ROM

I Have read the manual and cannot figure out what the POST code means.
Any help with how to rectify this problem would be greatly
appriciated.
Old November 14th 04, 09:48 AM
Atlas

What pwer supply are you using? Seems that some don't give the AV8 power the
way it wants it. I had an older Antec 480W TruePower that needed to RMA'd
because of this problem. My replacement unit has been working fine for a few
weeks now.
-Eric

om...