CPU Temp

Old November 13th 03, 11:56 PM

Default CPU Temp

My cpu temp ( normally 40c) is jumping to where my alarm (core centre
by MSI) is going off (47c). It never did this before.The system temp
remains stable while the alarm is going off
I have 3 case vantec fans and the obvious CPU fan . My feeling is that
program is buggy Opinions Please
Old November 14th 03, 12:01 AM
philo

wrote in message
My cpu temp ( normally 40c) is jumping to where my alarm (core centre
by MSI) is going off (47c). It never did this before.The system temp
remains stable while the alarm is going off
I have 3 case vantec fans and the obvious CPU fan . My feeling is that
program is buggy Opinions Please

there is a very real possibility the cpu really is 47C
check the cpu fan to be sure it's spinning freely and is not clogged with
dust

btw: if the cpu is an AMD that temp should not do it any harm

Old November 14th 03, 12:57 AM
DaveW

47C is really not that high. Can you change the setting for the alarm to,
say, 60C. That is sort of a safe upper limit.

--
DaveW

Old November 14th 03, 04:02 AM
Brett

Interseting.....
My P4 2.8ghz 800bus runs at 39c... i thought that was about normal.....
plugged into a Intel 865PERLL board...
is that about normal or do they all vary ??

if mine was running at 45 i`d be a little concerned....
look at the CPU fan and see whats going on......

brett......

Old November 14th 03, 01:37 PM
philo

"Brett" wrote in message
Interseting.....
My P4 2.8ghz 800bus runs at 39c... i thought that was about

normal.....
plugged into a Intel 865PERLL board...
is that about normal or do they all vary ??

if mine was running at 45 i`d be a little concerned....
look at the CPU fan and see whats going on......

brett......

there is a big difference between Intel and AMD

Intel will run cooler

an AMD can sometimes run ok up to 60c

CPU Temp Probe Location? Joe General 9 October 6th 03 03:33 PM
CPU overheating diethylamide-27 General 1 September 29th 03 05:08 PM
Tempreture question KingCreole General 4 September 11th 03 03:19 AM
CPU temperature Andrew General 5 August 22nd 03 07:43 AM
CPU temp sensors Spider General 2 August 3rd 03 03:00 AM