does Canon have a printer that doesn't use a "FINE" cartridge?

Old January 13th 07, 03:03 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
mike e

Default does Canon have a printer that doesn't use a "FINE" cartridge?

Hello, i need to replace my second Canon printer and notice that the
newer ones (Pixmas)
have this "FINE" system. I don't need photo, just good color, and
preferably an AIO type
(one with a flatbed copier capability). Looked at an MP160, MP180,
MP460.. They have
this "FINE" cartridge system and I'd prefer as few cartridges as
absolutely necessary...

Anybody with an idea of a model still available that still uses the
three-colors + 1-black cartridge
configuration like the i series ones? Really appreciate any help you
can suggest...
Thanks!!

Mike

Old January 13th 07, 06:59 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
mike e

Default Canon "FINE" cartridges.. one other question....

Thanks Dan. I haven't even opened the 160 so i can still return it and
found the 510 for just about the same
price. Looks like a better model... Do you think the ink cost is
generally less in the long run with the 510
model than a 160 or 180??

Dan G wrote:
The MP510 is what you're looking for. Pigment black only.

ups.com...

Old January 13th 07, 07:40 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Dan G

Depends on how you print. The 510 uses separate tanks for each of the 4
inks, so you replace only what you use.

ups.com...

Old January 15th 07, 12:13 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Sam Louis

Canon ip4200 or ip4300. It has a photo black as well as a pigmented black.
But when you print on plain paper photo black is not used. Ip4200 is
already discontinued. So ip4300 is the one to look for. It sells around
$70 - $80. The cartridges have chips on them but you can still refill them.

Old January 15th 07, 03:55 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
measekite

Sam Louis wrote:
Canon ip4200 or ip4300. It has a photo black as well as a pigmented
black.
But when you print on plain paper photo black is not used. Ip4200 is
already discontinued. So ip4300 is the one to look for. It sells around
$70 - $80. The cartridges have chips on them but you can still refill
them.

However if you want fade resistant higher quality prints with lower risk
of printhead clogging stick to Canon ink.

Old January 15th 07, 05:58 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
mike e

thanks all for your replies. actually wound up finding a 510 mentioned
earlier for under 100 bucks and think i'll give it a try.... again,
still needed the AIO flatbed capability or otherwise might've
considered the IP ones you suggest - but thanks alot for the info!

mike

Ping : Zak Mary Printers 27 April 29th 06 05:34 AM
Question re Canon iP1500 Mary Printers 78 April 17th 06 12:03 AM
Seagate Barracuda 160 GB IDE becomes corrupted. RMA? Dan_Musicant Storage (alternative) 79 February 28th 06 08:23 AM
CANON: DESIGNED TO FAIL by a dishonest company GP Printers 40 December 24th 04 07:11 PM
inks for Canon I860 Color Inkjet Printer Aaron Epstein Printers 24 July 12th 04 11:01 PM