Do 9v batteries historically suck?

Old January 28th 21, 03:41 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

Default Do 9v batteries historically suck?

On Thu, 28 Jan 2021 01:46:54 +0000 (UTC), Robert
wrote:

I don't think 9V batteries are going away anytime soon.
I've never seen a residential smoke detector with any other.
In mine, plain heavyduty (MnO-Zn) last longer than alkalines.

Sure, 9V are old and most devices no longer need the higher
voltage. Current capacity (mAh) has become more important.

-- Robert

Certainly not. Aside from a little gun-shy of what might be a sticker
price affixed to one in brick storefronts, I'm really all worn out and
frazzled about keeping batteries around;- Chargers for South Korean
battery production have spoilt me.

Besides, I yet more from an early indulgence of saving transformers
that outlive their assignment. A box full of transformers, many with
multiples ranging from 1.5-12V and selectable polarity. The DMM
replacement's may be of help yet, in 3V input stage, over a 2xAAA
configuration, to check between my ears before attempting another
transformation from out of a box of packrat appropriations. I've
$2000 guitar, Canadian make, for instance I managed to power at 9V up
from one, out of the box, on a loaded strip of transformers inside a
box beneath two rows of pedal effects tied to a refrigerator rack
fashioned into two tiers from a 100lb. vise, hacksaw and 5lb. mallet.

USB hubs that don't suck DevilsPGD[_3_] General 7 August 21st 09 12:30 AM
91.47's Suck edde Nvidia Videocards 2 October 27th 06 07:04 PM
91.47's Suck edde Nvidia Videocards 3 October 24th 06 04:16 AM
Maxtor does SUCK!! David Berriman Storage (alternative) 13 July 12th 05 04:48 PM
Chill-tek suck Hellraiser UK Computer Vendors 6 February 18th 04 01:13 PM