Nvidia Geforce card with a good quality TV out

Old July 25th 03, 02:16 AM
Graffo

Default Nvidia Geforce card with a good quality TV out

Hello,

I'm interested in buying a budget Geforce card for my system. Most of the
time it will be outputting to the TV so I want a card with good quality TV
out. Any recommendations about which card I should buy? I was looking at the
Geforce FX5200.

Thanks

Steven

Old July 25th 03, 02:19 AM
Biz

WHich brand? There are many manufacturers of Geforce FX cards, and there are several different
tv-out chipsets in use among the manufacturers.
--
Biz

"Don't touch that please, your primitive intellect wouldn't understand
alloys and compositions and,......things with molecular structures,....and
the....." - Ash

Old July 25th 03, 12:57 PM
Stan Linder

I got my FX 5200 yesterday from NewEgg. Had a hell of a time getting it to
run. It would not boot into windows xp, I could only get into safemode with
the card.

Finally , I had to wipe my drive clean and reinstall the OS. It was that,
or pay someone $60hr to fix it. Well after the reinstall I finally got it
to work.

My version is a Prolink FX 5200. Newegg shows the card as having 8 ram
chips, but mine came with just 4 chips. Still according to my systems info
it is 128 bit ram.

The TV-out is very good on this card, way better then my old ATI 7000.Dvd
play back looks super real. In games I notice details I'd not noticed
before.
wrote in message
On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 02:16:58 +0100, "Graffo" wrote:

Hello,

I'm interested in buying a budget Geforce card for my system. Most of the
time it will be outputting to the TV so I want a card with good quality

TV
out. Any recommendations about which card I should buy? I was looking at

the
Geforce FX5200.

Thanks

Steven

tvtool.de has some info on this go to there web site.

Old July 25th 03, 05:23 PM
Henric

"Chimera" wrote in message
Biz wrote:
WHich brand? There are many manufacturers of Geforce FX cards, and there

are several different
tv-out chipsets in use among the manufacturers.

BAH!! Wrong dude, its integrated.

The TV-chip on the board can differ quite a lot depending on the
manufacturer, and therefore also the quality.

--
Regards,
Henric