BFG 6600 GT OC and Power

Old October 9th 05, 05:51 PM
News_Reader

Default BFG 6600 GT OC and Power

The BFG website says that a 350w is the minimum. Im running 2 SATA HD's DVD
rom, DVD burner Maybe I am underpowered? Maybe I need some more to get the
video on the 6600 GT OC??

Old October 10th 05, 04:31 AM
John Lewis

On Sun, 9 Oct 2005 13:51:22 -0300, "News_Reader"
wrote:

The BFG website says that a 350w is the minimum. Im running 2 SATA HD's DVD
rom, DVD burner Maybe I am underpowered? Maybe I need some more to get the
video on the 6600 GT OC??

How much current is available from your power supply on the
+12V rail ?

Less than 18 amps and you possibly have a potential problem.

John Lewis

Old October 10th 05, 11:36 AM
News_Reader

Antec Smart Power 350 watt, BFG says its the minimum for the card, so I
guess it shud run, but they also say that my ASROCK 939 is a lower end
board, and may not like their card.

Old October 10th 05, 06:35 PM
John Lewis

On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 07:36:04 -0300, "News_Reader"
wrote:

Antec Smart Power 350 watt, BFG says its the minimum for the card, so I
guess it shud run, but they also say that my ASROCK 939 is a lower end
board, and may not like their card.

You did not answer my implied question. What current is available from
+12V? Please read the available current on +12V from the power-supply
label. The total wattage is likely to have no influence on your
problem.

I do not have any idea which version of the ASrock dual you are using,
so I have to ask a silly question. Does the manual show any jumper
that you must change when swapping from AGP to PCIe video cards ?
Also, I assume that you are not attempting to run BOTH cards in the
board when trying to make the 6600GT work.

John Lewis
Old October 11th 05, 12:20 AM
DaveW

Since you did not mention what size PSU you currently have, it's kind of
hard for us to comment.

--
DaveW
__________

Old October 11th 05, 12:23 AM
News_Reader

Im running the AGP card only. The power supply says 16amps on the +12v side.
The model number of the board is ASROCK 939 Dual SATA2. I see nothing in the
manual that says I need to adjust jumpers. All it mentions is not to use a
3.3v AGP card in this board. I have a ATI 9800XT AGP in it now and it works
fine.

Thanks

Old October 12th 05, 01:09 AM
News_Reader

Dave, the power supply size was mentioned in the original post, it is an
Antec 350W Smart Power
"DaveW" wrote in message
. ..
Since you did not mention what size PSU you currently have, it's kind of
hard for us to comment.

--
DaveW

"News_Reader" wrote in message
The BFG website says that a 350w is the minimum. Im running 2 SATA HD's
DVD rom, DVD burner Maybe I am underpowered? Maybe I need some more to
get the video on the 6600 GT OC??

Processor heat dissipation, Leakage current, voltages & clockspeed The little lost angel General 21 November 1st 04 02:43 AM
PSU Fans Muttly General 16 February 13th 04 10:42 PM
Won't Power Up after Power Outage Greg Lovern Homebuilt PC's 7 February 8th 04 01:47 PM
Happy Birthday America SST Overclocking AMD Processors 326 November 27th 03 07:54 PM
Happy Birthday America SST Nvidia Videocards 336 November 27th 03 07:54 PM