Win XP Setup does not find RAID 0 discs on ASUS A8N (non deluxe!)

Old March 24th 05, 05:44 PM
Jan Hermesmeier

Default Win XP Setup does not find RAID 0 discs on ASUS A8N (non deluxe!)

Hi,

I want to install Win XP on a new computer. I have two SATA discs connected
to port 1 +2. I want to set up a RAID 0 on these discs. I did everything
like writen in the manual (at least I think I did). This means:

BIOS: enabled Raid; both discs enabled in the RAID menue

RAID utillity (entered via F8 while booting): setting up a RAID array with
the following parameters: spanning; optimal; selecetd both discs; set array
to boot; leaving via ctrl-X

XP setup: booting from the cd; installing both of the nvidea RAID drivers
from a floppy disc made by the "make disc programm" on the ASUS driver cd;
continue of the setup programm; when setup menue asks for it I press the key
for installing:

ON THE NEXT SCREEN SETUP TELLS ME THAT THERE WAS NO HARD DISC FOUND ON WHICH
THE OS COULD BE INSTALLED AND THEREFORE THE SETUP TERMINATES.

I did this step many times using different version of BIOS, restricting the
number of cards to the GPU and the Audigy 2 ZS (I had a SCSI cotroller in
the computer when I tried it first time): nothing helps.

The ASUS-support does not answer (I am not used to that).

Does anyone have the same situation?
Am I doing anything wrong?
Is it right to install the two SATA discs with the nvidea-drivers, or does
the board have two Raid-controllers and I am using the drivers of the wrong
one?
Please HELP!
Thank you!

Jan Hermesmeier
Germany

Old March 24th 05, 07:07 PM
Paul

In article , "Jan Hermesmeier"
wrote:

[...]

I find it puzzling that the Nvidia RAID driver is only on your
motherboard CD, and not on the download page. (At least I didn't
see it.)

You might check other manufacturer web sites for an update:

LANPARTY UT nF4 SLI-D
http://www.dfi.com.tw/Support/Downlo...FLAG=A&SITE=US

This one makes a driver floppy.
NForce RAID Driver for Windows 2K/XP/2003 (5.10.2600.0507)
http://www.dfi.com.tw/Upload/Driver/F6_NF4R.exe

Good luck,
Paul
Old March 26th 05, 11:36 AM
Jan Hermesmeier

Hi,

thank you for your help, but I allready used this version of the driver (you
cannot find it on the homepage because you have to download the chipset
driver and extract the file. inside you will find the drivers).

Jan Hermesmeier

Old March 27th 05, 05:23 AM
Galen Atkinson

F8???

Mine said F6.... and it worked fine once I did that.

Old March 29th 05, 12:00 PM
Jan Hermesmeier

Hi,

F8 is for entering the RAID-Setup in the BIOS (where you build the
RAID-set). F6 is for telling the Win XP- setup that you want to give it an
additional driver (at least it is so in the german version).

Jan Hermesmeier

news:1111897378.50d98b0d2ba12c92f6b1c80104fac709@t eranews...

IDE RAID Ted Dawson Asus Motherboards 29 September 21st 04 03:39 AM
P4P800DLX from non-raid to raid Splitskull Asus Motherboards 2 June 2nd 04 10:51 AM
Problems with RAID 0 on GA-7VT600 1394 no spam Gigabyte Motherboards 0 April 30th 04 06:20 PM
DAW & Windows XP RAID Tips, ProTools error -9086 Giganews Asus Motherboards 0 October 24th 03 06:45 AM
GA-8KNXP, how to configure BIOS for SATA? John Ward Gigabyte Motherboards 20 October 6th 03 07:42 AM