Why can't I burn + discs on my 107D +/- burner properly?

Old June 22nd 04, 12:31 PM
Dave Reid

Default Why can't I burn + discs on my 107D +/- burner properly?

Just bought a Pioneer 107D 8x+/8x- and cannot for the life of me get it to
burn + discs. I've burned 25 or so minus discs, but no + discs. So far i've
made 12 coasters of + discs and none from the -discs. It keeps getting to
the end of the burn and coming up with a different problem depending on the
software I use (Nero, Shrink, Stomp) An example would be this in Nero:

"Invalid field in command"
"Could not perform end of disc-at-once"

Using the very same files, I just burned it to a DVD-. I'm using Bulkpaq
orange 4x Gen 4 discs for the - and Bulkpaq white 4x gen 4 discs for the +

I have no idea where I'm going wrong - if I am indeed going wrong.

TIA

Dave Reid

Old June 22nd 04, 01:18 PM
James Perrett

Dave Reid wrote:

Just bought a Pioneer 107D 8x+/8x- and cannot for the life of me get it to
burn + discs. I've burned 25 or so minus discs, but no + discs. So far i've
made 12 coasters of + discs and none from the -discs. It keeps getting to
the end of the burn and coming up with a different problem depending on the
software I use (Nero, Shrink, Stomp) An example would be this in Nero:

"Invalid field in command"
"Could not perform end of disc-at-once"

Using the very same files, I just burned it to a DVD-. I'm using Bulkpaq
orange 4x Gen 4 discs for the - and Bulkpaq white 4x gen 4 discs for the +

I have no idea where I'm going wrong - if I am indeed going wrong.

TIA

Dave Reid

Probably a media problem. I'd suggest trying a reputable manufacturer
like Verbatim (but not the 25 disc cake box which is actually made by
CMC).

Cheers.

James.
Old June 22nd 04, 01:56 PM
MCheu

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 13:18:16 +0100, James Perrett
wrote:

Dave Reid wrote:

[...]

Best place to start for that might be Pioneer's recommended media
list. Every manufacturer seems to have a list of media that they
recommend for best results from their drives.

Ridata, Taiyo Yuden, TDK, and even though CMC gets slammed a lot, CMC
seems to make those lists quite often too.

MCheu
Old June 22nd 04, 04:16 PM
Dave Reid

Thanks for the info so far. 2 Questions though:

1. I didn't realise that TY made DVD discs. I alweays use TY cd's when
archiving Music shows. I've tried searching for distributors in the UK, but
no luck.

2. I can understand the idea of trying different media (just got 2 boxes of
8x Datawrites that are supposedly Fuji) but I didn't realise that there
would be a difference between Bulkbaq plusses and minus'. BP - discs work
fine.

As I say thanks so far...

Dave Reid

Old June 23rd 04, 12:11 AM
Mike Richter

MCheu wrote:

Ridata, Taiyo Yuden, TDK, and even though CMC gets slammed a lot, CMC
seems to make those lists quite often too.

CMC is probably criticized based on its CD history, recommended based on
its DVD product now.

Mike
--

http://www.mrichter.com/

Old June 23rd 04, 12:32 AM
Dave Reid

Could anyone tell me where to get "quality" DVD blanks (TY, Fuji etc) from
in the UK?

Dave

. ..

Old June 23rd 04, 02:12 PM
James Perrett

Dave Reid wrote:

Thanks for the info so far. 2 Questions though:

1. I didn't realise that TY made DVD discs. I alweays use TY cd's when
archiving Music shows. I've tried searching for distributors in the UK, but
no luck.

I haven't got an example here to test, but I believe the Plextor DVD+R's
available from Ebuyer are made by TY. You can buy Verbatim blanks from a
variety of sources including http://www.blankdiskshop.co.uk

Cheers.

James.
Old June 23rd 04, 09:54 PM
MCheu

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 16:16:22 +0100, "Dave Reid"
wrote:

Thanks for the info so far. 2 Questions though:

1. I didn't realise that TY made DVD discs. I alweays use TY cd's when
archiving Music shows. I've tried searching for distributors in the UK, but
no luck.

2. I can understand the idea of trying different media (just got 2 boxes of
8x Datawrites that are supposedly Fuji) but I didn't realise that there
would be a difference between Bulkbaq plusses and minus'. BP - discs work
fine.

Can't help you on a source, but based on some posts over at
www.cdrinfo.com, the 'made in Japan' Fuji DVD-R discs are TY, so you
may already have a some TY discs.

I don't know who's using TY for +R discs.

There's a DVD Identifier program that you might find useful he

http://dvd.identifier.cdfreaks.com/

The forums at either www.cdrinfo.com and www.cdfreaks.com can be quite
helpful for tracking down local suppliers, and figuring out media
compatibility if you can't find Pioneer's recommended list.

MCheu

When Good Discs Go Bad Ablang General 0 June 27th 04 03:47 AM
Slow burn speeds on Sony DVD Burner DRU-510A James D General 0 March 4th 04 10:44 PM
Possible to burn 2 separate discs at one time? Paul Soderman Cdr 94 January 23rd 04 06:18 AM
Old burner and 80 min. discs Uh uh Cdr 2 January 18th 04 09:10 PM
Can't get CD Burner to Burn Nottoman General 2 December 22nd 03 05:47 PM