My monitor is blank when booting my PC

Old February 11th 05, 06:16 PM
Darren

Default My monitor is blank when booting my PC

Hi, firstly please excuse me as I am not as computer literate as most
of you guys out there so any help you can give me is much appreciated
but it would be useful if you could make any responses as simple as
possible for me. Thanks in advance!

I have just tried to connect my monitor to my old PC (when I say old
its not real old, it has a 1.3ghz AMD athelon processor). Once the
computer gets to the stage where it should display the desktop the
monitor remains blank and appears to go into standby mode. The
strange thing is that the monitor is working fine (I'm using it on my
new PC now) and it works on my old PC if I run the computer in 'Safe
Mode' and also works when the resolution is set to the lowest
possible at 16 colours. However when I attempt to increase the
resolution the computer tells me it must restart which it does and
then when it reboots the usual messages you get when booting the PC
appear but as soon as it gets to the point where it should display
the desktop the monitor goes into standby mode and remains blank.

Anyone got any ideas?

Old February 11th 05, 07:16 PM
Ginchy

START THE PC IN SAFE MODE AND REMOVE THE DISPLAY ADAPTOR FROM DEVICE MANAGER

reboot and let the pc reload the video driver

Autoplay Blank Media Nik General 0 June 3rd 04 02:35 PM
install windows xp on a blank hard disk JB Homebuilt PC's 5 June 3rd 04 05:12 AM
Intermittant Booting Paul General 12 February 25th 04 03:54 AM
Fooling motherboard into booting without CPU fan Michael Strorm General 7 October 6th 03 10:27 PM