X1300 Vostro 1500

Old November 9th 07, 04:41 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Chris558

Default X1300 Vostro 1500

I have a Vostro with an X1300 video card. I currently have it hooked
up to my 19" external monitor at 1280x1024 resolution. Does anybody
know if I get a wide screen if my nb will work at 1440x900 resolution
which I think is what wide screen is.

Thanks,
Pete

Old November 9th 07, 11:40 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
S.Lewis

"Chris558" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a Vostro with an X1300 video card. I currently have it hooked
up to my 19" external monitor at 1280x1024 resolution. Does anybody
know if I get a wide screen if my nb will work at 1440x900 resolution
which I think is what wide screen is.

Thanks,
Pete

While I've not done it myself, I'd think it a safe bet that it will given
that the Vostro has only been out for some 6 mos or so.

If no one here who's done it responds, you could always roll the dice and
ask Dell online:
http://support.dell.com/support/topi...=19&l=en&s=dhs

You could also post the question at this forum or just search the archives:
http://www.dellcommunity.com/support....id=insp_video

Stew

Old November 9th 07, 01:00 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Ron Hardin

I'm a complete novice on what will work but my old Inspiron 1200 laptop
I'm typing on now is driving this 24" monitor I'm using at 1920x1200 with
no problems, as it sits quiet and otherwise dark on the desk, powered on
24/7.

I'm surprised anybody buys desktop computers.

Old November 12th 07, 03:36 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Christopher Muto

the first time i read this i had no idea what you were talking about.
there is no x1300 vdeo card option for the vostros 1500.
there is an intel 965GM integraed video option... then it hit me, that the
integreated video in this chipset is reffered to as the intel graphics media
acellerator x3100 and that you probably meant that and just transposed the
numbers.
if you are asking about the video resolution support of the intel 965gm
integrated video (intel graphics media acellerator x3100) then here is your
answer:
http://download.intel.com/design/mob...s/31627303.pdf
page 14 says the intel graphics media acelerator x3100 supports a qxga
maximum resolution of 2048x1536 at 60hz.

oups.com...

Old November 12th 07, 06:06 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Christopher Muto

that is too broad a statment to even possibly be true. the vostros 1500 is
an laptop and is based on an intel chipset. it has limited choices for
video controllers including the integrated intel 965gm chipset controller
(aka the intel graphics media accelerator x3100), the nvidia geforce 8600m
gt, or the nvidia geforce 8600m gs. but don't take my (or tom's) word for
it, check out the specs yourself...
http://support.dell.com/support/edoc...f/TT979A01.pdf
see page 198.

"Tom Lake" wrote in message

"Christopher Muto" wrote in message
the first time i read this i had no idea what you were talking about.
there is no x1300 vdeo card option for the vostros 1500.

You can order the AMD x1300 for any of Dells computers.

Tom Lake

Old November 12th 07, 07:32 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
S.Lewis

"Tom Lake" wrote in message

"Christopher Muto" wrote in message
that is too broad a statment to even possibly be true. the vostros 1500
is an laptop and is based on an intel chipset.

Ah there's the problem. When I say computer I mean desktop computer.

Tom Lake

Yeah. And it used to be that Dell had different model names for desktops and
notebooks and it was easier to discern which was which.

Confusion. What a great marketing strategy.

"Hey, I have a great idea! Let's get rid of Dimension, and we'll name
it.....get THIS......Inspiron! Whaddya think, huh? Just jumps out there
and grabs you, doesn't it?"

Sheesh.

Old November 12th 07, 08:55 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Christopher Muto

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...h_Park#Marklar