6600GT Far Cry benches

Old February 26th 05, 06:50 PM
Mark N

Default 6600GT Far Cry benches

"dawg" wrote :

Yeah.I remember my framerate plummeting when I turned AF to 8.AA
didn't slow it down as much.Kinda strange. Have you installed the
latest patch?

"Mark N" wrote...

"Scotter" wrote:

6600 GT
FarCry Benches:
1024x768, 32 bit, very high qual, No AA/AF: 63.1 FPS
1024x768, 32 bit, very high qual, 4xAA/ 4x AF: 39.9 FPS
Look at specs of 6600GT on this page:
http://graphics.tomshardware.com/gra...charts-01.html
NV43 chip, 128meg mem, DX 9.0c, 500/1000 clocks, 128-bit bus, 8
pipes note: using Athlon 64 4000+, PCI bus

Okay, here's a question on the 6600GT. I recently upgraded the core
of my system, now have:
Athlon64 3400+ socket 754
MSI K8N Neo w/ NF3 250
1GB Corsair XMS PC3200
PNY 6600GT AGP (500/450) 66.93
WD 80GB ATA100 HD

Picked up FarCry, and I can't get anything close to published test
framerates. Most settings are medium-high with certain effects toned
down or turned off in order to get generally playable framerates,
including firefights - 40-60fps. At across-the-board high quality w/
no AA, AF, bilinear I was getting under 20 fps during the fight on
the deck of the carrier, for instance, totally unplayable. So what's
the problem? Haven't tried HL2 yet. Pretty disappointing, I have to
say, and I can't help but

think I've got something wrong...

I have the game patched to 1.3, which I believe is current. Still can't
figure out what the problem is. The game is quite playable where I have it
set, but it's sort of irritating to read reviews of the game where they are
saying things like 1280x1024 at very high settings with a Radeon 9800 Pro
and a slower processor is smooth and playable...

Old February 26th 05, 09:51 PM
dawg

Yeah,it shouldn't be faster on a 9800 pro than with the 6600GT.Though the
9800 pro is still prteey impressive.
Which card is it?Did you double check the specs? The reason I ask is
because there are so many versions of the 6600's AND 6800's that's it's
ridiculous. The different versions have many combinations of ram speed,core
speed, and number of pipelines and even 128 or 64bit!! Check your BIOS
and see what the settings for the card are there. I haven't seen any PCI-E
BIOS settings yet but maybe there's something there.