AMD ATHLON XP 2.200+ FSB 266 - RAM COMPATIBILITY SPEED ?

Old July 23rd 03, 03:29 AM
rodrigo

Default AMD ATHLON XP 2.200+ FSB 266 - RAM COMPATIBILITY SPEED ?

I have a Asus A7V8X-X MOTHERBOARD WITH AN AMD ATLHON XP 2.200+ RUNNING
A 1.8GZ
WITH 512 DDR(266 FSB).

http://usa.asus.com/prog/spec.asp?m=A7V8X-X&langs=09

I WENT TO BIOS AND TRIED TO CHANGE IT TO RUN AT 2.25GZ BUT I GOT THIS
MESSAGE:

ACCORDING TO CPU EXTERNAL FREQUENCY SETTING, SYSTEM MEMORY CAN ONLY
OPERATE AT FREQUENCY HIGHER THAN OR EQUAL TO 333MHZ, PLEASE MAKE SURE
DDR MAXIMUM FREQUENCY IS NOT LESS THAN 333MHZ.

MY QUESTION IS, CAN I SET MY MOTHERBOARD TO GO TO 2.25GZ INSTEAD OF
1.8GZ WITH MY CURRENT CONFIGURATION.
WILL IT CRASH/BURN MY MOTHERBOARD IF I SETUP TO RUN AT 2.25? IF CAN
THAN IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE WHAT I READ IN OTHER SOURCES THAT THIS
MOTHERBOARD MAX SPEED GOES ONLY TO 1.8GZ.

THANKS

ROD
Old July 23rd 03, 05:09 AM
Fig \(Cable\)

Hi rodrigo, first off it is not polite to post in uppercase.
Secondly i hav a similar setup....A7V8X rev 104
Tbred B XP2200+{266) 1024 DDR(pc2700) 1800 @2171 (13 x 167)
I have had this cpu up to 2400 but backed down to achieve stability because
of dvd re-encoding
But it will quite happily run everything @ 2300
Thirdly is your XP2200 a Tbred B ?
If not you will not achieve these figures so easily

Fig

om...

Old July 23rd 03, 05:12 AM
Fig \(Cable\)

Update.........

Core temps are no greater than 33deg C @ idle 41deg C @ fullload
System temp approx 31 deg C

Fig

Old July 24th 03, 04:02 AM
rodrigo

Sorry about that Fig,

Actually this the correct configuration of my board.

Asus A7V8X-X Socket A DDR MB with Athlon XP 2200+ (1.80Ghz) 266FSB CPU

The second post sounde like greek to me. Too technical for my
knowlowdge.
Ok. You said you run DDR memory, but what FSB, 266 or 333 is yours?
And how come you achieve 2400 if max is 2.200+. Can you Turbo the CPU
like the Lanborguini? -

thanks

Rod

Old July 24th 03, 08:59 AM
meshJ

What's your cooling set up? Just curious, I have 2200 TBred A clocked to
1.9GHz with 180 FSB and am soon going to be revamping the cooling.

meshJ

Old July 24th 03, 12:46 PM
Fig \(Cable\)

Thats ok mate, it is an honest mistake as i too hav done that as well
before.
I am running pc2700(333) DDR ram, my cpu fsb is 133(266) but i can actually
achieve a fsb of 167(334)DDR
At the moment my machine is running a fsb of 167(334)DDR with my Tbred B
XP2200+ and a multiplier of 13.
That is 13 X 167 = 2171mhz
I am running a low end setup with water cooling to achieve those temps.
My cpu default speed is 1800mhz
If you can tell us what the codeing letters on your cpu core is we may be
able to work out wich core you are running.

Fig

om...

Old July 24th 03, 12:51 PM
Fig \(Cable\)

meshj i am running a Thermaltake Aquarious ll water cooling setup
You will not get much higher speeds with the Tbred A core
My cpu is a Tbred B core....... my core goes much higher

Fig

"Fig (Cable)" wrote in message
Update.........

Core temps are no greater than 33deg C @ idle 41deg C @ fullload
System temp approx 31 deg C

Fig

Pentium 4 vs. Athlon XP vs. Athlon 64's MarkW General 2 October 10th 06 12:11 PM
Mobile athlon onto normal board Gareth Tuckwell General 5 October 18th 04 06:31 PM
Athlon 64 system: PC3200 @2-2-2 or PC3500 @2-3-3? Marc Brown General 1 September 24th 04 02:02 AM
Athlon 64 vs Pentium 4 JK General 39 August 12th 04 03:35 PM
AMD Athlon 64FX first impressions Chris General 14 September 29th 03 02:22 PM