Another 7VT600-1394 Problem.

Old March 17th 05, 01:11 AM
Anonymoose

"Ian" wrote in message
Normally, it would have defaulted to APIC which allows the OS to use more
interrupts and other things. Let's assume yours was installed under APIC,
so leave it set at that. What you may want to do is load defaults in the
Advanced Chipset section, eg Fast Command to Normal, etc, just to see if
one
of those settings has been screwing your RAM up or whatever.

Thanks again, loaded the standard defaults, same error, went in and manually
set all my mem timings to the slowest, 3.0CAS, CL CMD, etc. with the same
error. Then I tried the specs the ram calls for and still got the same
error, however, with the manual settings for the ram specs the ram now runs
good at 400MHz it seems.

Old March 17th 05, 04:18 AM
Anonymoose

Stephen Bowden" wrote in
message ...
How did you manage that? the SATA driver on the website is nearly 6Mb!
I say this because my initial set up included a Maxtor 160Gb SATA drive
and I
thought it might be a driver problem. I found no way of loading the
drivers
apart from making a floppy disk for the SATA drive from the cd rom.
I thought I'd remove the complication by sticking with a PATA drive

Maybe the F7 bios update is complete ********!
--
Stephen Bowden

Yep, the entire download is 5.89MB according to their site, but the part of
the driver you need will fit to a floppy for a windows installation. You can
always install the SATA tools etc later. When I downloaded the driver I
extracted it to another pc and opened the"DriverDisk" folder. Go into the
DriverDisk folder and copy its contents to the A:\ drive (TXTSETUP.OEM and
VT6420 need to be in the ROOT directory of the floppy disk). Begin your
installation of WinXP and when it says press F6 to select additional mass
storage controller (or something similar to that) do so and it should come
right up on the screen once it reads the floppy. try this and post back,
hope it helps. This is what I do every time I re install windows on my
system and I always re download the file to make sure I have the latest
driver. but thats just me. good luck.

Old March 17th 05, 09:01 PM
Stephen Bowden

Anonymoose Wrote:
[...]

Thanks I'll give it a go.I already have the download on cd. I'll let
you know
how things go. Cheers.

--
Stephen Bowden
Old March 18th 05, 11:40 PM
Anonymoose

Thanks for all your help, I have found out from Gigabyte that the
7VT600-1394 does not support Registered ECC memory of any type. Only
unbuffered can be used so that must be my problem. Anyway, thanks again.