Need help please with restoring a Gateway Desktop

Old June 8th 09, 06:25 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
VOS

Default Need help please with restoring a Gateway Desktop

I am fixing a friend's Gateway Desktop (GT5242E) and need some help
please. I used the System Recovery disc and went through the whole
process. It reformatted/reinstalled Win XP Media Edition but was
wondering if I need another disc for the drivers/factory default
installed software/trialware or if I am doing something wrong.

When I first was cleaning up the PC, it had a partition for the System
Recovery as well as Gateway Support info under My Computer properties.
After I used the System Recovery disc, I don't see any of the prior
mentioned information. Am I doing it right or do I need another disc or
get drivers/downloads from Gateway's site? Any help would be greatly
appreciated.