Mouse cutting out

Old August 30th 04, 12:00 AM
YanquiDawg

Default Mouse cutting out

I've got an MS Explorer 3.0 optical mouse.In the past few weeks it's started to
act weird. The light cuts out intermittently and the mouse goes dead. Most
times it only lasts a second or two. But,sometimes it won't come back on at
all. I've tried it in both PS2 port and USB.Tried uninstalling the drivers
too.Any ideas?
Old August 30th 04, 12:58 PM
Brad

I've got an MS Explorer 3.0 optical mouse.In the past few weeks it's
started to
act weird. The light cuts out intermittently and the mouse goes dead. Most
times it only lasts a second or two. But,sometimes it won't come back on
at
all. I've tried it in both PS2 port and USB.Tried uninstalling the drivers
too.Any ideas?

Check the light sensor on the bottom to make sure its clean and clear of any
debris. Some times mine goes ape**** simply because ive picked up a small
hair.

Old August 30th 04, 09:00 PM
YanquiDawg

Hmm,okay I'll check MS warranty. But,has the light gone out and not come back
on until a reboot on either of you guys mouse?

Old August 31st 04, 01:33 PM
steve

i have the same problem, MS explrer 2optical cordless, goes nuts and jumps
around the screen, the dies untill i reboot.
i downloaded new drivers, its not so bad now but its still a little wierd.

steve

"kony" wrote in message
On 30 Aug 2004 20:00:15 GMT, (YanquiDawg)
wrote:

Hmm,okay I'll check MS warranty. But,has the light gone out and not come

back
on until a reboot on either of you guys mouse?

I don't have that particular mouse, personally use Logitech mice,
and don't recall exactly how the last MS that failed, acted.

Another option is to try another mouse or system, isolating one
or the other.

Old August 31st 04, 09:53 PM
YanquiDawg

Crap.I don't want to shell out another $40 on a mouse. I need the 5-buttons for
gaming 'cause my right arm is paralyzed. Although,I've just seen the specs on
the Logitech MX510. It has 8 programmable buttons. Sweeet!

PS/2 mouse problems Fred General 2 August 12th 04 01:21 AM
Slightly OT Logitech vs Microsoft Miss Perspicacia Tick General 2 June 4th 04 05:08 AM
Problem with P/S 2 mouse port? Jean General 1 November 22nd 03 03:57 PM
Wireless Keyboards and Mice? Thomas M General 6 August 6th 03 09:41 PM
Mouse doesn't move byteryder General 3 July 5th 03 11:54 PM