TV tuner stops responding

Old September 18th 03, 10:38 PM
RainMan

Default TV tuner stops responding

A problem has been identified where the TV tuner hangs (locks up, cannot be
terminated) on systems with processors that support hyperthreading
technology. Reference MS Knowledge Base article:
(the article refers to using the "TV tuner feature of your soundcard", but I
think they mean "video card")

I have such a system, and it does indeed lock up occasionally. Has anybody
received the patch from Microsoft, and does it fix the problem?

My system:
Windows XP Pro
P4-2.8, 1 GB RAM (dual channel)
ATI Radeon 9600 Pro
ATI TV Wonder Pro
Audigy2 sound card

Old September 19th 03, 06:13 PM
David Shorthouse

Hmm. I wonder if this is why my mulTview window shows corruption.
Unfortunately, I can't disable HT on my motherboard to test this. Have you
received the new stream.sys from MS?

Old September 19th 03, 08:37 PM
RainMan

No, I haven't. That's why I inquired here first. Apparently you have to
phone Microsoft Support to request the file, and there's no guarantee that
the call will be free.
However, I did upgrade my video card drivers to Catalyst 3.7, and haven't
had problems since (but it's only been about 2 hours).

"David Shorthouse" wrote in message
[...]

USB Scanner And Printer Not Responding, or Loss Of Communications, Basic Overview Jerry G. General 0 August 4th 04 03:00 PM
TV Tuner PCI Card stops computer from booting M Hunt General 0 February 26th 04 07:17 AM
Problem with A7N8X-Deluxe & FM tuner on Radeon 9600 Stan S. Asus Motherboards 0 February 23rd 04 07:03 PM
TV Tuner Card jeremy General 9 January 4th 04 03:34 PM
DirectX 9.0b stops TV Tuner Working Les Ati Videocards 6 August 23rd 03 07:49 PM